Georgia Power
www.georgiapower.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Engineering Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Georgia Power as an intern for less than a year

ProsI was given meaningful work for the time I spent at the plant, and employees were always willing to help me out where I lacked knowledge and experience. The company treats its employees extremely well, and the people that work for Georgia Power are genuinely nice, helpful people. Everyone was called by their first name, no matter what his/her title was.

ConsMore as a result of being a utility, compliance governs a lot of what the company does. This can be good and bad for the employees. Overall, I have no real cons about Georgia Power- they do great, exciting work in the power generation industry.

Great Company, Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Georgia Power

Pros: Georgia Power is a great company to work for. The employees are friendly and it is a very corporate environment. There are many perks… Cons: Some of the positions are filled by contractors or internships. This isn't out of the ordinary for big companies. It does of… More

Great for my first internship experience

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Georgia Power

Pros: -Very laid back, relaxed work atmosphere -Everyone I worked with was very friendly and willing to answer any questions I had -Got… Cons: -Job was better suited for someone with an electrical engineering… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Georgia Power.

Worked for Georgia Power? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia Power reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Georgia Power CEO W. Paul Bowers. All reviews posted anonymously by Georgia Power employees.