Georgia Power

www.georgiapower.com

Engineering Intern

Pros

I was given meaningful work for the time I spent at the plant, and employees were always willing to help me out where I lacked knowledge and experience. The company treats its employees extremely well, and the people that work for Georgia Power are genuinely nice, helpful people. Everyone was called by their first name, no matter what his/her title was.

Cons

More as a result of being a utility, compliance governs a lot of what the company does. This can be good and bad for the employees. Overall, I have no real cons about Georgia Power- they do great, exciting work in the power generation industry.

Other reviews for Georgia Power

Great Company, Great People

Pros

Georgia Power is a great company to work for. The employees are friendly and it is a very corporate environment. There are many perks to working for a big corporation. Office supplies are always available and there are onsite benefits for employees, such as a cafeteria and credit union

Cons

Some of the positions are filled by contractors or internships. This isn't out of the ordinary for big companies. It does of course, depend on the position and the department. It's great to be a contractor, but those who prefer full-time work might think otherwise.

Great for my first internship experience

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

Pros

-Very laid back, relaxed work atmosphere
    -Everyone I worked with was very friendly and willing to answer any questions I had
    -Got the opportunity to learn different aspects of electrical distribution from generation, customer interaction and going out with the line crews

Cons

-Job was better suited for someone with an electrical engineering degree (I'm mechanical but I did learn a lot though)

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Power.

Worked for Georgia Power? Contribute to the Community!