Great People

I have been working at Georgia Power

Pros

I have not been working for Georgia Power very long, but everyone that I have met in the company is very nice and most are committed to doing their jobs well.

Cons

Since most people stay at the company until retirement, job openings can be a rare occurrence which might make it more difficult to move up and advance.

reviews filtered by
  1. Unethical practices okay for upper management

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia Power full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is okay
    Work/Life balance is becoming better though manay managers do not trust you to telecommute

Cons

Upper management are not held to the same standards as lower level employees

2. Loved my experience!

Current Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia Power as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a great boss and worked with a great team. They were all very involved at developing me in the semester that I worked with them. They let me tag along to all meetings with big clients, gave me pointers for how to be successful in the workforce and taught me so much. I did none of the stereotypical "get coffee, etc" type of intern tasks. I updated websites, helped clients and assisted in making powerpoints. My boss was wonderful with the job/life balance.

Cons

The only con was that I was away from my co-workers in a different area of the office. As far as the overall company, I hear that it is hard to move up quickly, but that's because everyone loves their job so much that they don't want to retire.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with doing a great job of managing your employees! I loved it there.