There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Power

Great People

I have been working at Georgia Power

Pros

I have not been working for Georgia Power very long, but everyone that I have met in the company is very nice and most are committed to doing their jobs well.

Cons

Since most people stay at the company until retirement, job openings can be a rare occurrence which might make it more difficult to move up and advance.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Georgia Power (View Most Recent)

Unethical practices okay for upper management

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia Power full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is okay
    Work/Life balance is becoming better though manay managers do not trust you to telecommute

Cons

Upper management are not held to the same standards as lower level employees

Loved my experience!

Current Employee - Intern  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia Power as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I had a great boss and worked with a great team. They were all very involved at developing me in the semester that I worked with them. They let me tag along to all meetings with big clients, gave me pointers for how to be successful in the workforce and taught me so much. I did none of the stereotypical "get coffee, etc" type of intern tasks. I updated websites, helped clients and assisted in making powerpoints. My boss was wonderful with the job/life balance.

Cons

The only con was that I was away from my co-workers in a different area of the office. As far as the overall company, I hear that it is hard to move up quickly, but that's because everyone loves their job so much that they don't want to retire.

Keep it up with doing a great job of managing your employees! I loved it there.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Power

Worked for Georgia Power? Contribute to the Community!