Georgia Southern University

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Southern University

Great

Current Employee - Physics TA  in  Statesboro, GA
Current Employee - Physics TA in Statesboro, GA

I have been working at Georgia Southern University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Higher pay for physics TA than other departments for what I hear. So that is the biggest boon. Also good for resume boosting while in college.

Cons

Obviously not a full time job. Some professors require more work than others, but overall the job and pay is well worth the effort.

N/A

70 Other Employee Reviews for Georgia Southern University (View Most Recent)

CEO, the President is Great Leader

Current Employee - Assistant Professor  in  Statesborough, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Statesborough, GA

I have been working at Georgia Southern University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Our President Dr. Keel came to us a few years ago with a rich and solid academic background. He is an leading Researcher, a dynamic Leader in Science. I am very proud of him for his future vision, for his tireless, energetic, youthful, and fearless endeavors that have brought promising growth as well as reputation for GSU.

Cons

None, however should carefully consider hiring good and qualified chairs that listen to, care and communicate with their faculty. The chairs must have at least a record of doing substantial RESEARCH works.

How can such an important chair in position lead a successful department to run without a decent research background?

As written above, we highly welcome our new President Dr. Keel. And hope that more and more chairs and upper level leaderships can follow him and work like him, in particular listen to faculty's opinions and inputs.

Community Leader

Former Employee - Community Leader  in  Statesboro, GA
    Former Employee - Community Leader in Statesboro, GA

I worked at Georgia Southern University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helps you to learn about other leadership roles on campus, workshops provided that allow you to grow professionally and personally, you learn to work with a team.

Cons

The new contracts are updated to where you cannot hold another position on campus, whether it is paid or unpaid and I believe that stifles the potential and caliber of students that apply/work in the positions.

At least allow students to hold executive leadership positions in other areas of the campus and not limit them to the CL job. There are some who are capable of being more than just a community leader.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Southern University

Worked for Georgia Southern University? Contribute to the Community!