Georgia Tech

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Tech

Enjoyable working experience in Georgia Tech

I have been working at Georgia Tech

Pros

Georgia Tech has good academic reputation, well recognized in the country. The location is good and the cost of living in Atlanta is not very high. The salary is good taking into account the cost of living in Atlanta. Staffs are very professional.

Cons

Not super prestigious like MIT
Parking on campus is kinda expensive
Not very safe to walk around at night alone in the city

481 Other Employee Reviews for Georgia Tech (View Most Recent)

it is pretty nice, good environment, nice professors

I have been working at Georgia Tech

Pros

You can learn a lot from the professors and also concentrate on your own interesting problems. People are brilliant here and they can understand where your problems lie in quickly.

Cons

You have to work hard at Georgia Tech. It is not the place where you can relax and have good achievement. You have to really devote into what you are doing now, otherwise, your professor can tell.

The leadership at Georgia Tech is good. We have activities from time to time, and also we enjoy the freedom you have on choosing your own interesting things.

Extremely enriching, but disconcerting at times.

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Georgia Tech

Pros

Fair salary for the Atlanta area. Enough to get by. Research faculty are top notch and the facilities are competitive with anywhere other university in the country.

Cons

Administration are not fully appreciative of their employees. Very rigid on protocol, raise fees for graduate students every few semesters. While my immediate boss, who is my contact for all of my research, was amazing, the administration of the institute was quite rude and unpleasant.

Research staff, you're doing a great job. Administrative staff, at least try to mask the fact that you want to run the institute like a business.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Tech