Georgia Tech
www.gatech.edu Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Interesting and fun environment with pay on the lower end.

Research Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Georgia Tech

ProsThere is a lot of flexibility in terms of work schedule, a wide variety of projects to work on, great benefits, and overall it's an exciting environment.

ConsPay is very much on the low end of the scale, career growth opportunities must be created by the individual (in my experience management focuses heavily on career development of teaching faculty and less on research faculty). On the flip side opportunities for taking classes to get an additional degree abound if the employee is willing to take the initiative.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more emphasis on valuing and developing the research faculty.

Georgia Tech provides an excellent work environment.

Senior Systems Support Engineer Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Georgia Tech

Pros: Georgia Tech provides and excellent benefits package, including an attractive (and solvent) pension program through the Teacher's Retirement… Cons: In the current environment, the uncertainty surrounding state funding levels and the lack of funds to give raises for a number of years has… Advice to Senior Management: Often we read about changes affecting the Institute in the newspaper rather than hearing about it from Georgia Tech leadership. Additionally, the direction the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

very good training, lots of opportunities

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Georgia Tech

Pros: I think we had great training, very good projects and great mentor.… Cons: salary not very good, barely enough for living. Atlanta is not a… Advice to Senior Management: please increase graduate research assistantship, please make more presence in government connections and newspapers so that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Georgia Tech.

Worked for Georgia Tech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia Tech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Georgia Tech CEO Bud Peterson. All reviews posted anonymously by Georgia Tech employees.