Gerdau Long Steel North America

www.gerdau.com

Gerdau Long Steel North America

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Marketing in Tampa, FL

Pros

International company that has a decent focus on career development and professional development. Good experience to understand the manufacturing process. Lots of exposure to different sides of the business.

Cons

Much of the decision making comes out of Brazil and they don't always understand the needs of the US market. It's a commodity manufacturer so there is no differentiation on products.

Other reviews for Gerdau Long Steel North America

Gerdau Steel Maintenance Electrician ---- 27 years with Chaparral Steel, Gerdau bought Chaparral

Former Employee - Maintenance Electrician  in  Midlothian, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Midlothian, TX

Pros

just ok pay with incentive bonus, medical benefits,

Cons

They treat employees like slaves. I think this comes from the culture in Brazil where they are the best company in Brazil to work for. This isn't true for America. Gerdau performs employee satisfaction surveys once a year but uses the survey results to gauge employee frustration levels with the apparent goal of keeping it at the highest possible level. Workers want to quit. Constantly changing and obscure goals.

Keep shoveling the BS Brazil sends you down-hill and pushing your people to their breaking point, you think it's worth it? A college kid in Brazil has already been promised your job. Give yourself a big severance package and find a job you like.

Poor people skills and directions from management

Former Employee - Engineer I  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer I in Tampa, FL

Pros

I received fair pay and had no problems receiving reimbursements during travel. I felt that their benefits were decent with the exception of holidays and vacation.

Cons

Unfortunately Gerdau lost me as an employee because I was tired of dealing with rude management who couldn't grasp good direction giving techniques.

Be more selective with the engineers you promote. People skills are important and lacking.

There are newer employer reviews for Gerdau Long Steel North America.

Worked for Gerdau Long Steel North America? Contribute to the Community!