Gerson Lehrman Group

www.glg.it
There are newer employer reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group

fantastic professional development, intellectual capital

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Gerson Lehrman Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

GLG hires and develops top talent. Given GLG's client base and experts, it's hard to imagine a job where you're exposed to smarter, more thoughtful people.

Cons

Can be an intense environment, high expectations

Continue to offer training, continuing education and coaching to junior managers.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group (View Most Recent)

Intelligent, talented employees, but internship a bit monotonous.

Former Employee - Research Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Research Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Gerson Lehrman Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very talented, intelligent people to work with, and as an intern you are still treated as part of the team. Free coffee. You also get your own mentor as a resource. Office is a fairly pleasant environment, downtown Austin.

Cons

As an intern, you do only two things, lead generation and wakeup calls. It's not that bad, but can really drag on if you get a lot of the same kind of requests in one day. Also you'd better live or go to school close by because parking is very expensive for your wage.

Why does the CEO never make an appearance or have anything to say to the Austin office? I really got the sense that this was bad for morale.

Smart, Friendly Co-Workers, Abysmal Leadership

Former Employee - Research Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Research Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Gerson Lehrman Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people I worked with -- who were smart, intellectually curious, fun to spend after-work time with; some very good contacts who helped me get my next job, too

Cons

I was shocked in my first month to see senior managers openly mock the CEO, and others completely dismiss his opinions. I asked others how long this had been going on, and was told it's been that way for years. CEO must know he's viewed as a joke, since he never (repeat -- never) steps out of his office to talk with anyone.

This could be a much more enjoyable company to work at, not to mention incredibly better run if we could get a strong leader at the top. Heck, how about just someone who's not hiding out in his office.

There are newer employer reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group