There are newer employer reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group

For me personally, it's been abundance of opportunities, experiences.

Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gerson Lehrman Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fair amount of job opportunities

Cons

lack of senior management leadership

139 Other Employee Reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group (View Most Recent)

Way Overdue for Silver Lake and Board to Replace Failed CEO

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Gerson Lehrman Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

you're not going to hate your job here; it's a decent work environment and you'll enjoy your co-workers; hours are not bad either, and every once in a while you may get excited about a project you're working on. Pretty good group of senior managers, but nothing can compensate for problem at the top.

Cons

I don't know if our CEO ever understood strategy, how to drive revenue and build the business, much less how to build a great company. But he's more than had his fair shot, and he's failed miserably. Now we just at best coast along, and at worst spend millions of dollars on dead-end projects, hire/fire managers constantly, and have some of the lowest morale I've seen short of businesses going under. As someone says below, we have a decent foundation to be a good business, but the CEO is truly unfit to lead this company anymore. He seems to realize how we all talk about these facts, and compensates by avoiding contact with his teams as much as possible, and badly fumbling or sometimes not saying a word at meetings when he should be providing guidance. At best, the poor guy has just run out of ideas and is barely hanging on to the last, good job he'll ever have. At worst, he's a great case study of how lack of leadership and strategy at the top dooms a company, wastes huge resources, and results in the best managers leaving as soon as something good comes along.

We have a strong, smart bench of top executives. Any one of them would be better than the current CEO.

Joining early on provided amazing learning opportunities and growth potential. Business is founded on solid idea.

Former Employee - Vice President Product Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President Product Management in New York, NY

I worked at Gerson Lehrman Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong business foundation, very smart and talented people, amazing growth and learning opportunities

Cons

Management vision and execution can be disjointed. Too many layers of managers at this point, a lot of overhead to get things done.

Give more autonomy to the team. Be aggressive and stick to the plan.

There are newer employer reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group