Get Satisfaction

www.getsatisfaction.com
  www.getsatisfaction.com
There are newer employer reviews for Get Satisfaction

Great group of smart, dynamic people who care about the customer

Current Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get Satisfaction is a great group of people who are passionate about the product, customer and having a great culture. In typical start-up fashion, we have dogs in the office, a kegerator, couches all over, tons of food and beverages and a great looking office. None of these things would matter if I didn't enjoy the people I work with. I enjoy going into work to see my coworkers! Everyone is smart and passionate but subscribe to the "No Jerks" policy.

Cons

GetSat is growing quickly and due to that there are a number of growing pains. We seem to be already growing out of our current office. Defined processes are lacking. Most information is accessed through tribal knowledge.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Get Satisfaction (View Most Recent)

Collaborative, fun environment with supportive leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The leadership team is legitimately dedicated to helping you grow. Everyone from the CEO, to the exec team, to other employees are super supportive and interested in seeing you succeed. People are really open to new ideas, and there is a ton of opportunity to step up and participate or lead in any area you want. Different employee initiatives lately have led to the creation of a company hack day, an office re-decorate (with a hangout/music section), and a FUN committee.

Work life balance is also great. We work hard, but the hours aren't super long, and the work situation is flexible. They understand that we all have lives.

Cons

There have been some up and downs since I've been here. On-boarding isn't as smooth as it could be....And there's the typical startup madness, which I personally enjoy, but may not be right for everyone.

Missed the window

I worked at Get Satisfaction full-time

Pros

The space the company is in was really hot and the GetSat product was well regarded by customers and competitors alike. The GetSat brand was phenomenal and awareness was much higher than other companies, some that are much bigger in size. It was an exciting place to work when the news was good.

Cons

The product is a feature of a bigger offering and for too long the company neglected product strategy, executing on a necessary architecture shift but one that let the feature list fall behind other vendors. The engineering team always seemed stretched and too often they were unconcerned with the market situation the company was operating in.

As is the case with any growth company, there wasn't a clear strategy articulated other than growth at any cost, and the individual groups did not align with a common vision.

At this point an acquisition is the only plausible outcome and if I were on the board I would not get greedy about the valuation.

There are newer employer reviews for Get Satisfaction