Get Satisfaction

www.getsatisfaction.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Get Satisfaction

Great group of smart, dynamic people who care about the customer

Current Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get Satisfaction is a great group of people who are passionate about the product, customer and having a great culture. In typical start-up fashion, we have dogs in the office, a kegerator, couches all over, tons of food and beverages and a great looking office. None of these things would matter if I didn't enjoy the people I work with. I enjoy going into work to see my coworkers! Everyone is smart and passionate but subscribe to the "No Jerks" policy.

Cons

GetSat is growing quickly and due to that there are a number of growing pains. We seem to be already growing out of our current office. Defined processes are lacking. Most information is accessed through tribal knowledge.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Get Satisfaction (View Most Recent)

Great Culture, Great Opportunity for Growth, and an Amazing Vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has been around since 2007 but has recently repositioned itself in the market. With a great product, the company has a great outlook in a competitive and emerging space. Company is validated in the space with a customer list of emerging SaaS/High Tech and fortune 200 companies such as Procter & Gamble, Kellogg's, and Target.

Amazing vision carried by everybody in the company starting with the CEO. Great place to learn and work directly with the CEO and other C-Level Executives. Open transparency which has attributed to having everybody on board with the vision. Amazing talent all around, it's great to work with smart people who you can constantly learn from on a day to day. Huge opportunity for growth and great place to establish your young career.

Amazing office culture; everybody has a work hard/play hard mentality. Fully stocked kitchen with a kegerator and stocked bar. Monthly company wide hack days and company outings.

Full benefits across the board and good amount of PTO. It's a place where you don't count your hours because they don't count your hours and they understand that you have a life outside of work. Wages are also very competitive especially considering how expensive the Bay Area is getting.

Cons

Because the company is still relatively young, it may not have your tradition corporate procedures which not necessarily be a bad thing. But on-boarding can be smoother, it may take a bit longer than they'd like to be to get new hires fully onboarded.

Continue hire amazing talent and including everybody in the amazing vision and don't lose the tight knit culture as the company grows.

Missed the window

I worked at Get Satisfaction full-time

Pros

The space the company is in was really hot and the GetSat product was well regarded by customers and competitors alike. The GetSat brand was phenomenal and awareness was much higher than other companies, some that are much bigger in size. It was an exciting place to work when the news was good.

Cons

The product is a feature of a bigger offering and for too long the company neglected product strategy, executing on a necessary architecture shift but one that let the feature list fall behind other vendors. The engineering team always seemed stretched and too often they were unconcerned with the market situation the company was operating in.

As is the case with any growth company, there wasn't a clear strategy articulated other than growth at any cost, and the individual groups did not align with a common vision.

At this point an acquisition is the only plausible outcome and if I were on the board I would not get greedy about the valuation.

There are newer employer reviews for Get Satisfaction