There are newer employer reviews for Getaround

Erratic management team, wonderful coworkers

I worked at Getaround full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers who were smart, dedicated, and worked very hard. Most have gone on to much more well-known companies and better careers.

I learned a lot about operations during my stint there (the job requires being well-rounded). The experience there definitely gave me a leg up since I learned to cope with long hours and vigorous albeit irrational demands.

Cons

Extremely disorganized leadership team that were hyper-sensitive, reactionary, and micromanaged every project/process. Impromptu marketing campaigns (usually ideas from the female cofounder) trumped more thoroughly planned projects and constantly required the attention of almost the entire office. Engineering releases were few and in between when over half the company were engineers.

Lots of red tape so even small decisions had to go through management which caused operating costs to be very expensive. Very poor financial planning and lots of money spent irresponsibly.

Work-life balance was not respected (even for a startup) and there was lots of inter-office drama/politics for such a small company. The cofounders seemed to thrive in this state of mind.

Raises were only handed out to software engineers or employees who were on the verge of leaving. Definitely not merit-based and most employees felt under-appreciated. The morale was incredibly low at the time I left.

Share praise and give compensation where it is due. Respect your employees and their personal lives outside the work environment. Plan better and prioritize projects according to goals and not on a whim.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Getaround (View Most Recent)

Heavily political company

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Getaround full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting product. Interesting technology. Fun people.

Cons

No vision. Upper management has no management experience. No decisions were being made more than 2 weeks into the future. Poor planning in general. Overspending on unnecessary items, underinvesting on morale and employee benefits.

Good experience for interns

Current Employee - Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Getaround as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Give you lots of responsibilities and an opportunity to make a splash. Software engineering interns got a lot of assignments that were shipped and big parts of the website; marketing interns received a wide variety of things to do that immediately affected the success of the company.

Cons

Lots of down time; the provided food was sometimes not amazing; other than that, the cons are few

Be more prompt in communicating

There are newer employer reviews for Getaround

Worked for Getaround? Contribute to the Community!