There are newer employer reviews for Getty Images

middle management should be thrown in traffic

Former Employee - Technical Department in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Technical Department in Seattle, WA

I worked at Getty Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent pay, super casual dress environment

Cons

middle management is useless, doesn't really grasp what their staff do, non-technical mgmt in charge of technical departments, ultra-silo'd, cranky vp with a napoleon complex. Not solutions-oriented.

Find a different field to work in. You don't understand what your employees do, therefore you do not have the capacity to properly evaluate what they do.

reviews filtered by

I love the people I work with/for. If you are adverse to change, this is not the place for you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is passionate about the work they do. It is rewarding to be surrounded by people who care so much. Having been here for as long as I have I expect things to change regulary and would think something was wrong if things got stagnant.

Cons

We are the global leader in digital media creation and licensing. Our office could use a makeover.

Keep up the good work. If there is a place to improve, it is with random acts of recognition.

2. Tries very hard to be good to employees

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people at this company truly care about what they do, and are always thinking about how to positively change things as a whole. Being at the industry leader means that what we do here reflects on photography and licensing overall, and that is invigorating. Pay is fair (although varies widely by department), and there are many perks like tuition reimbursement, biannual parties, quartley/monthly contests, and they are very open to job relocation. Many employees have worked at several Getty offices, and people tend to stick around; quite a few of my coworkers have been with the company for over 10 years.

Cons

Being such a large company means that there is often way too much of an administrative burden on just about everything. What would take 5 minutes at a smaller company sometimes takes days here, and requires approval by several parties. Experiences vary depending on your local office. People seem happy in NY and LA, but colleagues in Seattle and Chicago have expressed differing opinions.

Simplification is always a good idea.

There are newer employer reviews for Getty Images