Getty Images

www.gettyimages.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Getty Images

Lack of direction and decision making. Poor and rude management

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Getty Images full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are very few.
1. The casual dress code
2. 25 cent soda in the New York office

Cons

The expectations weren't properly explained from the beginning of my employment there, despite asking all the relevant questions during all of my interviews (i.e. work-life balance, travel, any requirements about hours, etc). There is a lot of back stabbing and rumor mills. They pride themselves on being "cool" but then the overly social atmosphere makes it very difficult to get work done during business hours. There is very little documentation for projects (if any) and therefore, no change management when the entire direction is modified. There's way too much play and not enough work, unless you're willing to work from 8am-6pm without lunch. For a larger, global organization, there are WAY too many hourly employees. More than I've seen anywhere. So, as a result, they treat salaried employers as hourly ones and it's demeaning. It's a bit of a Mickey Mouse operation. Wasn't a good fit for me. There were also very different rules for everyone. Some people can work from home, others can't or are accused of "not being in the office enough" when there was a family situation. There's also not much weight put on performance reviews. Seems to be more of a formality than an exercise that will show your accomplishments and provide opportunity.

Make sure you clearly set expectations during interviews with potential employees. It also would be beneficial to treat all employees with a greater degree of respect. Focus more on working hard and less on playing hard. No one NEEDS a cocktail hour in the office on Fridays.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Getty Images (View Most Recent)

middle management should be thrown in traffic

Former Employee - Technical Department in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Department in Seattle, WA

I worked at Getty Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent pay, super casual dress environment

Cons

middle management is useless, doesn't really grasp what their staff do, non-technical mgmt in charge of technical departments, ultra-silo'd, cranky vp with a napoleon complex. Not solutions-oriented.

Find a different field to work in. You don't understand what your employees do, therefore you do not have the capacity to properly evaluate what they do.

I love the people I work with/for. If you are adverse to change, this is not the place for you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is passionate about the work they do. It is rewarding to be surrounded by people who care so much. Having been here for as long as I have I expect things to change regulary and would think something was wrong if things got stagnant.

Cons

We are the global leader in digital media creation and licensing. Our office could use a makeover.

Keep up the good work. If there is a place to improve, it is with random acts of recognition.

There are newer employer reviews for Getty Images