Getty Images
www.gettyimages.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Lack of direction and decision making. Poor and rude management

Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThere are very few.
1. The casual dress code
2. 25 cent soda in the New York office

ConsThe expectations weren't properly explained from the beginning of my employment there, despite asking all the relevant questions during all of my interviews (i.e. work-life balance, travel, any requirements about hours, etc). There is a lot of back stabbing and rumor mills. They pride themselves on being "cool" but then the overly social atmosphere makes it very difficult to get work done during business hours. There is very little documentation for projects (if any) and therefore, no change management when the entire direction is modified. There's way too much play and not enough work, unless you're willing to work from 8am-6pm without lunch. For a larger, global organization, there are WAY too many hourly employees. More than I've seen anywhere. So, as a result, they treat salaried employers as hourly ones and it's demeaning. It's a bit of a Mickey Mouse operation. Wasn't a good fit for me. There were also very different rules for everyone. Some people can work from home, others can't or are accused of "not being in the office enough" when there was a family situation. There's also not much weight put on performance reviews. Seems to be more of a formality than an exercise that will show your accomplishments and provide opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you clearly set expectations during interviews with potential employees. It also would be beneficial to treat all employees with a greater degree of respect. Focus more on working hard and less on playing hard. No one NEEDS a cocktail hour in the office on Fridays.

middle management should be thrown in traffic

Technical Department (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: decent pay, super casual dress environment Cons: middle management is useless, doesn't really grasp what their staff do, non-technical mgmt… Advice to Senior Management: Find a different field to work in. You don't understand what your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I love the people I work with/for. If you are adverse to change, this is not the place for you.

(Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Everyone is passionate about the work they do. It is rewarding to be surrounded by people who care so much. Having been… Cons: We are the global leader in digital media creation and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. If there is a place… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Getty Images.

Worked for Getty Images? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Getty Images reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Getty Images CEO Jonathan D. Klein. All reviews posted anonymously by Getty Images employees.