Getty Images
www.gettyimages.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

No commitment to creative excellence. A very sad place.

New York, NY

ProsCoworkers can make work enjoyable, and fun once in a while. Office kitchen perks are ok and the coffee is delicious! The PR machine is solid here because they really lead you to believe that Getty is some amazing, progressive working environment, and technologically advanced too... but sadly, it's run just like traditional retail.

ConsSenior managers to mid-level managers all have favorites - and they're an extremely stodgy lot too. They lack any real leadership skills and pride themselves on process and who-knows-who. Terribly big egos with no heart who LOVE to discuss low-level control issues. It's a media sweatshop for dead enders. Bright, efficient, happy people need not apply here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease strive to be better than the senior management at McDonalds. Please don't keep us in minimum roles and salaries - that's why you get minimum, complacent output and some pretty sad employees. Also, please hire people of color, it's the 21st century already.

Avoid tech side of the operation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent pay, you get to go home at the end… Cons: CYA culture. Feckless middle management whose approach to everything is "throw under the bus first, ask questions later", miserable employees, limited… Advice to Senior Management: Quit hiring technical managers who don't have at least a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of cliques, too much change

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Work life balance is pretty good. -Interesting industry. -Good office location, nice layout for an open concept space. -Lots of HR sponsored parties and events. -The… Cons: -Constant reorgs (3 different managers in one year) -Senior leadership is too involved. They need to stop meddling and let their teams do the work.… Advice to Senior Management: Stop rotating VPs and directors. Leadership changes and organizational changes won't solve your problems, if you don't wait long… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Getty Images.

Worked for Getty Images? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Getty Images reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Getty Images CEO Jonathan D. Klein. All reviews posted anonymously by Getty Images employees.