Getty Trust
www.getty.edu Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Poor performance in a toxic environment

Middle Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsViews are good. Building is clean. Every second Friday off (although you make up for it by longer hours the other days). Lots of good people to work with.

ConsLots of incompetence especially among the senior management of the museum, conservation, foundation, and research institutes. professional qualifications are considered far inferior to art history education. senior management is bloated and self-serving.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid of having honest outside audits and reviews of programs and organizational/ business matters. Consider a board of outsiders responsible for each institute and that has power of veto over director appointments and funding of major projects. Outside review is critical to success; without it, organizations survive with nepotism, oligarchy, and even tyranny.

Great place to work!

Security Guest Relations Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Getty Trust

Pros: The pay starts out pretty decent! For a basic "minimum wage" job, the pay is above L.A. average. The people were extremely friendly, never had… Cons: Hours not good for part-time, but you eventually have the opportunity to move up to full-time. Tasks… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

We could be doing great things.

I have been working at Getty Trust

Pros: Beautiful location, great benefits, some brilliant people. Cons: We're not saving lives but conserving art...let's have fun doing… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your staff No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Getty Trust.

Worked for Getty Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Getty Trust reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Getty Trust CEO James Cuno. All reviews posted anonymously by Getty Trust employees.