Getty Trust
www.getty.edu Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Incompetency within Trust Accounting ; no reward for hard work; TOO MUCH POWER within HR

Senior Assistant (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsSupposedly, every other Friday off! Not while I was there though, as I had to put in overtime and come in on my "off Fridays!"

ConsToo much politics, spying and backstabbing. Accounting/payroll & G/L department have their share of low educated and/or incompetent members handling mid-to-high level management duties. Payroll walks around like they own the place just because they print your checks for the work YOU put in. It's few members hardly put in more than 3-4 hours of workday. Lazy slugs within Procurement department. HR polices you, and calls you in for every asinine thing. Not at all what I expected from a museum environment. The environment is diseased at its core The place doesn't nurture; instead, it suffocates you!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't run the place like a mob organization ~ giving monetary rewards to the ones who slug away at their jobs ~ while others put in 110% and get no recognition at all.

Poor performance in a toxic environment

Middle Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Getty Trust

Pros: Views are good. Building is clean. Every second Friday off (although you make up… Cons: Lots of incompetence especially among the senior management of the museum, conservation, foundation, and research institutes.… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be afraid of having honest outside audits and reviews of programs and organizational/ business matters. Consider a board of outsiders responsible for each institute… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work!

Security Guest Relations Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Getty Trust

Pros: The pay starts out pretty decent! For a basic "minimum wage" job, the pay is above L.A. average. The people were extremely friendly, never had… Cons: Hours not good for part-time, but you eventually have the opportunity to move up to full-time. Tasks… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Getty Trust.

Worked for Getty Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Getty Trust reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Getty Trust CEO James Cuno. All reviews posted anonymously by Getty Trust employees.