There are newer employer reviews for Getty Trust

no two days are alike

I have been working at Getty Trust

Pros

beautiful site, many opportunities to learn on the job, exposure to the arts, every other Friday off of work (paid); you have some control over your experience (responsibilities are there for those that want to learn). many resources at our disposal. the benefits are good.

Cons

the pay leaves something to be desired and the pay structure isn't balanced. someone with 15 years of specialized experience shouldn't be making less than someone with a junior title and 5 years of work experience.

it would be beneficial for moral if there were merrit based bonuses, above the standard 3% annual increases. unless fortunate enough to be hired when there were pensions,

34 Other Employee Reviews for Getty Trust (View Most Recent)

Can be a great place to work, depending on whom you work for

I worked at Getty Trust

Pros

Smart colleagues who are generous in sharing their knowledge, informal work environment, beautiful setting in Santa Monica mountains, every other Friday off.

Cons

Trust leadership does not have the confidence of employees and morale is shaky. Leadership under James Wood asked the programs to cut their budgets without making any concessions of their own, or taking full ownership of their decisions to lay off staff and restructure.

Share the sacrifice, show your employees that you value their contributions, eliminate the secrecy that has characterized the restructuring over the past several years. One thing I heard over and over was that there's a general attitude of "there are 20 other people waiting outside the door for your job if you don't want it" and unfortunately, I agree.

Good experience

I worked at Getty Trust

Pros

Great benefits and work schedule

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities, would have like another level to strive for

Consider a succession plan

There are newer employer reviews for Getty Trust

Worked for Getty Trust? Contribute to the Community!