There are newer employer reviews for Gexpro

Project Sales Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gexpro

Pros

Gaining entrepreneurial experience
Learning management from different aspect
Broad industry to learn about electrical product and applications (roadway, wind farm, construction, etc.)
Great learning experience on Global Distribution Business

Cons

Less Intellectual
Less Innovative
Very traditional management style

Try to improve organization with more analytical approaches, promoting innovation and more modern management style

32 Other Employee Reviews for Gexpro (View Most Recent)

It was a good job.

Former Employee - Order Puller in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Order Puller in Denver, CO

I worked at Gexpro

Pros

I enjoyed working in the warehouse. I got a good workout and made some good money with all the overtime. I miss the job. I would walk back in there today and ask for my old job back. Sadly I quit with no notice.

Cons

I worked in the warehouse in denver for about 9 months. I showed up every day and worked hard. I ran circles around the other warehouse workers. We worked long hours which was fine, but I worked with a group of lazy individuals. They would call out and end up missing 12-14 hours of work for that day. The next day they would come in and talk about how they planned to work very slowly that day because they missed the day before and needed to make up time. When they would take their time the whole team had to stay until the job was done. When you were already putting in 70-80 hours a week it was frustrating to know other people would cause you to be there even longer. Dont get me wrong I liked the money, but I also have a family and its not right for single guys with no family forcing you into longer work days because they took the day before off. Management ignored these complaints when I would inform them.

Also I am pretty anti social, which makes warehouse work almost ideal for me. I was frequently pulled aside and told that I did not spend enough time socialising with other employees. I was there to do a job!

When you get a good employee that works hard and is accurate in pulling orders, do your best to hold on to that employee. There are alot of lazy workers out there. Dont let the good ones slip away.

Learned a lot but it can be frustrating.

Current Employee - Management in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Management in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Gexpro

Pros

Nice people. Strong finance orientation.

Cons

Very little training. Short staffed. Some people waste their time and others' time on really small stuff that doesn't matter.

There are newer employer reviews for Gexpro