There are newer employer reviews for GfK

Analyste marketing débutant Junior marketing analyst

Current Employee - Analyste marketing junior in Paris (France)
Current Employee - Analyste marketing junior in Paris (France)

I have been working at GfK full-time (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Les débutants y acquièrent une bonne expérience.

good learning experience for beginners.

Cons

Des salaires peu élevés. highly affected by financial crisis.

low salaries. highly affected by financial crisis.

Advice to Management

Un recours efficace aux ressources internes. efficient use of the historical date of the traditional clients.

efficient use of internal ressources. efficient use of the historical date of the traditional clients.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. GfK is awesome if you make it so.

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at GfK

Pros

Hard work is rewarded here. This place moves pretty fast, so it pays to sit up, pay attention, and take copious notes. On-boarding is pretty serious here (at least it was in my division), and there is a very STEEP learning curve. However, even if you lack needed skills, if you a) give a crap, b) try hard and c) follow instructions, you should be fine. Personally, I LOVE my job. I learn something new every day and unlike other research firms, GfK feels "academic," and that is a good thing. Methodology is taken very seriously here. As someone who formerly worked for a very small research firm with totally half-baked data, this is of the utmost importance to me (and to our clients). `

Cons

People (meaning managers) definitely have their favorites here. If you're not one, you'll know it. I do think, though, that those who work hard and show enthusiasm are the favorites (which is normal), but I can see how it can easily kill the morale of others. Biggest CON - TOO MANY MEETINGS. We have WAY too many "company-wide" meetings. We just went through a re-org, which is fine, but stop with the excessive meetings that take up 90 minutes (90 minutes!!!!!) of my day. It is an EPIC waste of time and no one pays attention. We just all sit in the room with our laptops working (er...panicking...because we are STUCK in a 90 minute meeting that we can't get out of. Stop that *ish. Really). Also, Human Resources here is a joke. They are completely and totally incompetent, which I find just unacceptable. Never answering emails; never getting things done on time. I always hear people complaining about how slow their job searches are because HR can't find the right resumes for them. Really? There are SO many applicants who want to work here. Do your job, HR. (I would not trust them with a 10 foot pole).

Advice to Management

Please, or the love of god, STOP WITH THE MEETINGS. They are excessive. Everyone HATES them. Total morale killer. Please.stop. HR - get it together. Many of us really love working here but you guys are terrible.

2. Great learning experience

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GfK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to grow and stretch yourself. Lots of different types of projects so you get exposure quickly. Organization looks to increase your level of responsibility as you demonstrate your ability.

Cons

Unfortunately, increased responsibility sites not come with equivalent or appropriate compensation. Tradeoff is between title increases and monetary compensation. This causes the firm to lose experienced talented people to competitors.

Advice to Management

Pay your talented employees markets value and this firm will go to the top.