Ghirardelli Chocolate

There are newer employer reviews for Ghirardelli Chocolate

A Fun Experience

Former Employee - Sales & Retail in San Leandro, CA
Former Employee - Sales & Retail in San Leandro, CA

I worked at Ghirardelli Chocolate part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of working for this company was the people. I worked for the corporate office in San Leandro and everyone was great. Lots of events to go to, benefits were good, and the atmosphere was right. New CSM was awesome!

Cons

Former boss made up her own rules and didn't know how to communicate with her staff. Didn't get a raise until I decided to leave the company.

Please keep up to date with your reviews and promotions, because there are some who really deserve the extra increase and acknowledgement. Speak to you employees even the ones working in Latrhop. Dispense some Giants tickets to them and not just management.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Ghirardelli Chocolate (View Most Recent)

Great staff with a a huge diversity of different ethnicities, poor management.

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ghirardelli Chocolate part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I pleasantly enjoyed the exposure to different ethnic cultures all under one roof, you get a new sense of respect and understand for other's beliefs.

Cons

Micro management, excessive write ups, unionized.

Take some time out and show some appreciation to your employees!

Best place to work!!

I have been working at Ghirardelli Chocolate full-time

Pros

There is chocolate every where! The parking lot smells like chocolate! The culture is supportive, they are making efforts to modernize and really invest in their people. Projects I've received have been challenging and rewarding! I like the feeling of a small to midsize company. It's much easier to feel connected and get to know your colleagues. You don't feel like one of many.

Cons

We are growing, so parking is an issue, and not a lot of choices for places to eat around San Leandro for lunch. The work environment is business casual, but with the direction most companies are headed, it would be nice if we could be less formal.

They are doing a lot to modernize our organization, and this is the direction we should keep heading.

There are newer employer reviews for Ghirardelli Chocolate