There are newer employer reviews for Ghirardelli Chocolate

Established company, going through growing pains

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Leandro, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at Ghirardelli Chocolate full-time

Pros

The company hires very dedicated and passionate people. There is a very strong belief in the brand and an energy to make the company's mission statement come to life. Overall, the people who work at the company are friendly and inviting. The benefit plan is excellent and the employee contribution rates are relatively low. Flexible Time Off policy is generous; 401k plan with company match is very generous. Some departments have created a great team atmosphere. More processes are being put into place that should make the work flow better.

Cons

The growth of the company is strong, which means that there is a lot of pressure on departments and individuals to always be delivering. Work-life balance is encouraged in word but not necessarily by action; expect to receive emails and voice mails on days off, weekends, nights with an implied response expected. Being a smaller company, there is not much room for upward growth.

Advice to Management

Growth opportunities are important at any level, career pathing is important to people - what is next? Encourage more open door communication in all departments as some are still road blocked from expressing their opinions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Corporate Culture and People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ghirardelli Chocolate full-time

Pros

This is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Work-life balance, training, great leaders. CEO and Executive team are heavily involved and are open to suggestions and new ideas to help company growth. Everyone is passionate and hard working which creates a stellar work force with the same big picture in mind.

Cons

none that I can think of at this point

Advice to Management

From my experience, all of the management that I've met and worked with have the same drive and passion that has helped Ghirardelli's growth. There are many amazing people that work for this company and I feel very lucky that I'm surrounded with such talent! With that said, my only advice to management is keep up the synergy!

2. Great People. Great Product. A company that values people.

Current Employee - Engineer in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at Ghirardelli Chocolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ghirardelli is a socially responsible company that while not perfect, puts great emphasis on the well being of it's people. In short, Ghirardelli culture values a work-life balance.

Cons

Ghirardelli is a mid-sized company going through some growing pains which may hinder those who cannot perform without a perfect roadmap. I say it is this variability that allows someone to shine.

Advice to Management

Continue to place importance in the growth of your employees, this will attract and more importantly keep top talent.