Ghirardelli Chocolate

There are newer employer reviews for Ghirardelli Chocolate

Good Employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

I worked at Ghirardelli Chocolate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing and moving forward in the right direction (but that comes with growing pains). Management is open to new ideas and changes that will benefit the company and the people.
Pros-
1. The people. You get to work with AMAZING people not just in your department but in others.
2. Benefits. The package is really good for the size of the company. Management thinks about the employee's well-being and not what is 'cheap' to the company
3. Security. I felt safe working at Ghirardelli because of the security measures put in place. I'm never worried when I leave late at night or start early in the morning when its still dark
4. Free chocolate!

Cons

There is a separation between the employees in production and in the corporate office. Both departments need to come together as ONE.
Cons-
1. Salary. Great if you're a new hire, not so good if you've been there for years and no adjustment with additional responsibilities
2. Room for growth/ promotions in certain departments
3. Some departments are favored more than others

Keep doing what you're doing but take more time to listen and observe the hard-workers in Production and Retail not just Corporate employees.

Ghirardelli Chocolate Response

Dec 1, 2014Recruiting

Thanks for writing a review, we appreciate your feedback!

36 Other Employee Reviews for Ghirardelli Chocolate (View Most Recent)

Sales

I worked at Ghirardelli Chocolate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's an iconic brand with strong equity and a ton of upside in the market. Their focus on quality means you always have an advantage when selling.

Cons

One of the biggest challenges is the relationship with the parent company. Ghirardelli is clearly the strategic leader in the portfolio, which must be intimidating to the other units.

Marty Thompson is a dynamic CEO with a strong sales background. Keep pushing and keep leading within the broader organization.

Ghirardelli Chocolate Response

Dec 1, 2014Recruiting

Thanks for your review and comments!

Supportive team and management and we make chocolate! What’s not to love!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at Ghirardelli Chocolate full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Management is very approachable and everyone is the building is nice and easy to work with. Everyday brings different challenges so you have to like and be ready to adapt to change to work here. Once you think you know how something works- it changes.

Cons

This is more than a 9-5 job for 80% of the people who work here. There will be late nights and early mornings. None of this is mandated by your manager, but it is really the only way to get the work load done especially at busy times of the year when there are projects on top of your everyday workload that is non-stop. The impression given is that we should have work life balance but it is hard to walk away and leave work undone.

Bring in more support staff to provide more balance to the work load and let key people grown the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Ghirardelli Chocolate