There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

Exausting, stressful, understaffed, poor Senior Management. Horrible scheduling techniques. Disrespectful to all workers

Current Employee - Seafood Team Leader/Manager in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Seafood Team Leader/Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle

Pros

Good hourly kind employees, excellent benefits, competitive salary. The job can be quite rewarding in the sense that you can please a customer by giving them whatever they want. Its nice to be able to help and make others happy. Im impressed with our quality standards as well.

Cons

Favoritism is blatantly obvious in all areas of the store! Always shorthanded in every area of the store. Store Manager, HR Manager are completely useless when it comes to approaching them with any problems or issues you may have. No training hours available for new hires. They are basically thrown into whatever and they either sink or swim with no guidance or training which is not only dangerous but costly for the company. Workload is overwhelming everyday because of understaffing issues.

Treat your employees like our customers we are important too. Give available training hours to those who need them. Relax the attendance policy on snow days! Listen to concerns and issues that one may have and sincerely take note and respond within a reasonable amount of time. Discipline the employees AND managers that actually need it. Oh, and for god sake is it too much to ask to have clean available paper towels in the public restrooms to dry your hands?

reviews filtered by
  1. Very good place to work!!!!

Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle

Pros

Great place to work
    Flexible work hours
    Fun time with majority good people

Cons

Some customers are difficult but its retail.

Open more full time positions

2. An okay place to work, but customers are valued over employees

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Sheffield Lake, Lorain, OH
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Sheffield Lake, Lorain, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle

Pros

Vacations if you've been there long enough
    Raises every few months
    Flexibility with hours
    Easy straightfoward work
    We get one free product every month
    For Xmas, all of us employees at my store got a 15 dollar gift card

Cons

Customers can be difficult and rude at times. Some try to take advantage of Giant Eagle by using everything against you to get a free cake.

In my experience, I haven't really been praised when I do a good job.

If you do anything wrong, they just tell your department manager a couple days later instead of calmly telling you so you can fix the mistake before it's too late.

Sometimes customers need to be told "no." We can be nice and say no to them, but they can't always have their way 24-7. We employees work hard and it always isn't our fault when customers are unhappy.

There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle