Giant Eagle
www.gianteagle.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Exausting, stressful, understaffed, poor Senior Management. Horrible scheduling techniques. Disrespectful to all workers

Seafood Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle

ProsGood hourly kind employees, excellent benefits, competitive salary. The job can be quite rewarding in the sense that you can please a customer by giving them whatever they want. Its nice to be able to help and make others happy. Im impressed with our quality standards as well.

ConsFavoritism is blatantly obvious in all areas of the store! Always shorthanded in every area of the store. Store Manager, HR Manager are completely useless when it comes to approaching them with any problems or issues you may have. No training hours available for new hires. They are basically thrown into whatever and they either sink or swim with no guidance or training which is not only dangerous but costly for the company. Workload is overwhelming everyday because of understaffing issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like our customers we are important too. Give available training hours to those who need them. Relax the attendance policy on snow days! Listen to concerns and issues that one may have and sincerely take note and respond within a reasonable amount of time. Discipline the employees AND managers that actually need it. Oh, and for god sake is it too much to ask to have clean available paper towels in the public restrooms to dry your hands?

An okay place to work, but customers are valued over employees

Bakery Clerk (Current Employee)
Sheffield Lake, Lorain, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle

Pros: Vacations if you've been there long enough Raises every few months Flexibility with hours Easy straightfoward work We get… Cons: Customers can be difficult and rude at times. Some try to take advantage of Giant Eagle by using everything against you to get a free… Advice to Senior Management: Sometimes customers need to be told "no." We can be nice and say no to them, but they can't… More

It has its ups and downs but in the end, things work out...

File Maintenance/HBC/Front End (Current Employee)
Beaver Falls, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle

Pros: TM Discounts, Flexible Schedule, Cross-Train, Unionized Jobs, & Benefits. Cons: GEBS, 5S, Safety 1st, Not enough allotted hours for departments,… Advice to Senior Management: Do your job by TEACHING & WORKING 1on1 with TM.… More

There are newer reviews on Giant Eagle.

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Giant Eagle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Giant Eagle CEO Laura Shapira Karet . All reviews posted anonymously by Giant Eagle employees.