Giant Eagle

There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

OK

Current Employee - Clerk in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Clerk in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee discount, good insurance policy and decent pay for unskilled labor. There is a lot of work to do but in all reality it doesn't take much effort to do a good job. Just have a decent head on your shoulders and you can do well. Another thing is that if you want to move up the opportunities are there. It's taken me 13 months to go from a part time day cashier to an asst manager on 3rd shift.

Cons

There is a massive communication gap between management and the lower level employees. It's not that anyone is "mean" or overly aggressive but a lack of communication that is pivotal to running a good store. This lack of communication is bad during the day time but is even worse when dealing with daytime-overnight relations.

Talk AND listen more. Make sure everyone is on the same page.

356 Other Employee Reviews for Giant Eagle (View Most Recent)

keeps you on your toes

Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Latrobe, PA
    Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Latrobe, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are a couple of nice people working there and if your nice the costumers like you

Cons

the store has ocd and will change things around when people are comfortable with it

sell alcohol your store will boom with people wanting to work and shop there

I was ok. Could have been better.

Former Employee - Cashier in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Akron, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

--The pay
    -The union
    That's pretty much it.

Cons

Sometimes it was very hard to get help. We had the flashing lights that you had to wait a long time before someone came. Usually this ticked the customer off and you had to deal with that too.

What management? I only saw the Hr manager during the interview and the front end manager was really seen. As for the coordinators, pay attention to the cashiers. Dont stand there with a stupid look on your face when we started flashing the lights.

There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle