Giant Eagle

www.gianteagle.com

Management is an absolute joke.

Sales Associate- Prepared Food (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosflexible schedule that is IF you alert them at the time of hiring. Good benefits if you're there long enough.

ConsWorkload will increase every 5-6months. raises are union based so basically any and everyone in your department will do varying degrees of work for the same pay.

management is an absolute joke and will always pick favorites. There has never been an instance where I had an unruly, unjustifiably mad customer, and a manager took my side, it has always been, appease the customer in any way possible, regardless of the situation. You get a sense of disconnection, and this creates a barrier between management, and workers.

Most management is unaware of the workload imposed upon you, and will oftentimes nag, and watch you like a hawk until certain, menial things are done, regardless of the literally dozens of other task asked of you daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork just one day as an employee to gain some perspective.

Giant Eagle was a nice place to work at times, but the managers were always stressed out and often cranky.

Bakers Assistant (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Friendly people and customers as well as pay once a week. You could often chose when to… Cons: The store manager was often cranky and rude. Dealing with difficult customers is very annoying. Also Giant Eagle wastes a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Calm Down No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A good place for summer work and to gain work experience.

Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Concerned about safety -union job -useful benefits (10% off GE products means lots… Cons: -work schedule changes weekly -for part time, the number of hours changes… Advice to Senior Management: regular work schedules or regular shift times would be nice, also the punch clocks could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Giant Eagle.

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!