Giant Eagle

jobs.gianteagle.com
  jobs.gianteagle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

Management is an absolute joke.

Current Employee - Sales Associate- Prepared Food in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate- Prepared Food in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule that is IF you alert them at the time of hiring. Good benefits if you're there long enough.

Cons

Workload will increase every 5-6months. raises are union based so basically any and everyone in your department will do varying degrees of work for the same pay.

management is an absolute joke and will always pick favorites. There has never been an instance where I had an unruly, unjustifiably mad customer, and a manager took my side, it has always been, appease the customer in any way possible, regardless of the situation. You get a sense of disconnection, and this creates a barrier between management, and workers.

Most management is unaware of the workload imposed upon you, and will oftentimes nag, and watch you like a hawk until certain, menial things are done, regardless of the literally dozens of other task asked of you daily.

Work just one day as an employee to gain some perspective.

353 Other Employee Reviews for Giant Eagle (View Most Recent)

Giant Eagle was a nice place to work at times, but the managers were always stressed out and often cranky.

Former Employee - Bakers Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Bakers Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly people and customers as well as pay once a week. You could often chose when to go on breaks, but it depended what section of the store you were in. I enjoyed my coworkers.

Cons

The store manager was often cranky and rude. Dealing with difficult customers is very annoying. Also Giant Eagle wastes a lot of their expired food. Instead of donating flowers or old food (that is stil good) to a food bank, they would just pitch it.

Calm Down

Flexible schedule

Current Employee - Cashier in Ravenna, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Ravenna, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They were very flexible and scheduled around my classes. I got a pay raise every few months because they are a union company.

Cons

Only 2 15- minute breaks per 8 hour shift. They don't have baggers so you have to bag your own groceries.

There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle