Giant Eagle

www.gianteagle.com
  www.gianteagle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

Very inconsistent work environment. More about who you know than what you accomplish.

Former Employee - Store Leader in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Store Leader in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly good benefits, generally 45-50 hours for management, company dominates this market and will be around for a long time.

Cons

Poor consistency in communication, different level of development and expectations according to what division you work for, and it was highly beneficial to have a very well known last name/relative to help move along your career. Some union areas and some non-union areas...very disjointed.

Clear up the communication channels to give honest and accurate feedback. Honestly, my time there felt like a good old boys club. Not quite the level of professionalism I was expecting after going through the interview process. Training was horrible to say the least.

347 Other Employee Reviews for Giant Eagle (View Most Recent)

Management is an absolute joke.

Current Employee - Sales Associate- Prepared Food in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate- Prepared Food in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule that is IF you alert them at the time of hiring. Good benefits if you're there long enough.

Cons

Workload will increase every 5-6months. raises are union based so basically any and everyone in your department will do varying degrees of work for the same pay.

management is an absolute joke and will always pick favorites. There has never been an instance where I had an unruly, unjustifiably mad customer, and a manager took my side, it has always been, appease the customer in any way possible, regardless of the situation. You get a sense of disconnection, and this creates a barrier between management, and workers.

Most management is unaware of the workload imposed upon you, and will oftentimes nag, and watch you like a hawk until certain, menial things are done, regardless of the literally dozens of other task asked of you daily.

Work just one day as an employee to gain some perspective.

Giant Eagle was a nice place to work at times, but the managers were always stressed out and often cranky.

Former Employee - Bakers Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Bakers Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly people and customers as well as pay once a week. You could often chose when to go on breaks, but it depended what section of the store you were in. I enjoyed my coworkers.

Cons

The store manager was often cranky and rude. Dealing with difficult customers is very annoying. Also Giant Eagle wastes a lot of their expired food. Instead of donating flowers or old food (that is stil good) to a food bank, they would just pitch it.

Calm Down