Giant Eagle

www.gianteagle.com

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThis job was great when I was 16 and had no real bills to pay. This was actually an amazing first job, perfect for school students.

ConsHour cuts: They cut hours so bad but they give you hope by giving you one week of decent hours and then you're back down to kid hours the next. Personally I don't know how people with families and major bills survive on the wages we make.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't spread around that the hours are going back up when you know that they aren't, sure everyone is happy to hear but then everyone is upset when they find out it's a lie. Also it would be nice to have stable managers. Corporate should stop switching managers back to back.

Good job for high school students, or lifers with the company.

Front End Cashier (Former Employee) Akron, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time for less than a year

Pros: The employees are all really nice. I never had a problems with any of the workers. Employees are given a lot of incentives to do… Cons: Even though it's an easy job, it's extremely monotonous. If you like doing something different at work on a regular basis, this job is not… Advice to Senior Management: Enforce rules with young employees. I saw high school students/young college students not working too many times and talking with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No better job while in school.

Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fantastic flexibility with school schedules. The Team Leaders will listen… Cons: Hours vary and are subject to change based on seaon… More
There are newer reviews on Giant Eagle.

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!