Giant Eagle

There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

Ups and Downs

Current Employee - Cashier in Lewis Center, OH
Current Employee - Cashier in Lewis Center, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They were really flexible with my availability.

Cons

They did not always listen to what I had to say and relied on me too much for the position I was in.

379 Other Employee Reviews for Giant Eagle (View Most Recent)

Not a good career

Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay each week, Discount on store brand items, After many years working with them those are the only pros I can think of for this review.

Cons

No training, no true direction for new programs, New CEO changing the landscape of the company with a singular focus of making 20 Billion in sales by 2020, They try things that they hear other companies do with no real understanding how they can impliment them into a grocery environment often at the expense of those brought in to help make those changes that are promised opportunity for a new career, Strong union where managers are not allowed to manage team members and often politics play strong role in keeping team members that steal or sexually harrass or damage the reputation of the brand.

Give the support needed to new managers that you hire for new roles. Dont hire them, not train them, put them in stores with no support then let them go after years of doing a job they never knew they were not doing well all while getting high marks on every performance review.

Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job was great when I was 16 and had no real bills to pay. This was actually an amazing first job, perfect for school students.

Cons

Hour cuts: They cut hours so bad but they give you hope by giving you one week of decent hours and then you're back down to kid hours the next. Personally I don't know how people with families and major bills survive on the wages we make.

Don't spread around that the hours are going back up when you know that they aren't, sure everyone is happy to hear but then everyone is upset when they find out it's a lie. Also it would be nice to have stable managers. Corporate should stop switching managers back to back.

There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle