Giant Eagle
www.gianteagle.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Not a good career

Manager (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsPay each week, Discount on store brand items, After many years working with them those are the only pros I can think of for this review.

ConsNo training, no true direction for new programs, New CEO changing the landscape of the company with a singular focus of making 20 Billion in sales by 2020, They try things that they hear other companies do with no real understanding how they can impliment them into a grocery environment often at the expense of those brought in to help make those changes that are promised opportunity for a new career, Strong union where managers are not allowed to manage team members and often politics play strong role in keeping team members that steal or sexually harrass or damage the reputation of the brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the support needed to new managers that you hire for new roles. Dont hire them, not train them, put them in stores with no support then let them go after years of doing a job they never knew they were not doing well all while getting high marks on every performance review.

Very inconsistent work environment. More about who you know than what you accomplish.

Store Leader (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fairly good benefits, generally 45-50 hours for management, company dominates… Cons: Poor consistency in communication, different level of development and expectations according to what division you work for, and it was highly beneficial… Advice to Senior Management: Clear up the communication channels to give honest and accurate feedback. Honestly, my time there felt like a good old boys club.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unsatisfying.

Produce Team Member (Current Employee)
    Canfield, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle full-time for less than a year

Pros: The actual work seems to change but rarely (at least in my department) The managers are… Cons: Upper management comes in far too often resulting in a mad scramble by all departments to prepare for the visit resulting in extremely high stress… Advice to Senior Management: Be kinder to your employees. There's a reason they walk… More
There are newer reviews on Giant Eagle.

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Giant Eagle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Giant Eagle CEO Laura Shapira Karet . All reviews posted anonymously by Giant Eagle employees.