Giant Eagle

jobs.gianteagle.com
  jobs.gianteagle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

A learning experience to say the least.

Current Employee - Sales Associate- Prepared Food in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate- Prepared Food in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

At Giant Eagle the people are generally very nice and I get along with most of them. There is something for everyone at this store, and it is union based. There is a lot of room for growth and it really isn't hard at all to become a team leader if you really put your mind to it. Several breaks are given depending on shift length. You are also given a 10% discount on OWN brands. Paid vacation is available for part time and full time workers, and health benefits as well.

Cons

The worst part of working in my department are probably the customer complaints, but this is expected in a prepared foods department. Another downside is the management. It's not that the managers as people are bad, it's that they seem to have trouble communicating with each other. Pay is relatively low, but also expected in the food industry. It can sometimes be difficult to get a full time position. Hours consistently get cut on part-time workers. Too much can sometimes be demanded. The customer is always right, even if they are CLEARLY wrong.

Keep consistent schedules. Take suggestions from your workers. Just because you get paid more than us, does not mean that you are much better than us.

353 Other Employee Reviews for Giant Eagle (View Most Recent)

Caring Company

Current Employee - Clerk in New Castle, PA
    Current Employee - Clerk in New Castle, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility
    Union
    Pay increase scale
    Growth opportunity
    Occasional perks and contests
    Caring management

Cons

Unstable hours
    "favorites"
    Challenging to achieve growth opportunity

Continue to listen to your everyday team members. We have so much to offer this company, and over the past few years I have seen corporate realize that. It is obvious management respects ALL of their employees regardless of where they fall on the totem pole. It is greatly appreciated.

Good

Former Employee - Cashier in Pickerington, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pickerington, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every there is like family.

Cons

In my experience, Giant Eagle was not good at helping people who wanted full-time positions get them.

Help individuals who wish to go from part-time to full-time become recogized

There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle