Giant Eagle

www.gianteagle.com

A learning experience to say the least.

Sales Associate- Prepared Food (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsAt Giant Eagle the people are generally very nice and I get along with most of them. There is something for everyone at this store, and it is union based. There is a lot of room for growth and it really isn't hard at all to become a team leader if you really put your mind to it. Several breaks are given depending on shift length. You are also given a 10% discount on OWN brands. Paid vacation is available for part time and full time workers, and health benefits as well.

ConsThe worst part of working in my department are probably the customer complaints, but this is expected in a prepared foods department. Another downside is the management. It's not that the managers as people are bad, it's that they seem to have trouble communicating with each other. Pay is relatively low, but also expected in the food industry. It can sometimes be difficult to get a full time position. Hours consistently get cut on part-time workers. Too much can sometimes be demanded. The customer is always right, even if they are CLEARLY wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep consistent schedules. Take suggestions from your workers. Just because you get paid more than us, does not mean that you are much better than us.

Caring Company

Clerk (Current Employee) New Castle, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexibility Union Pay increase scale Growth opportunity Occasional perks and contests Caring management Cons: Unstable hours "favorites" Challenging to achieve growth opportunity Advice to Senior Management: Continue to listen to your everyday team members. We have so much to offer this company, and over the past few years I have seen… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Looking for a good job.

Deli Clerk (Current Employee) Warren, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: if you like working hard and the public this is a great place, You can go far in this company if you want and strive.… Cons: The bad thing is you may struggle if you are not full time. and need to have hours. You have to get use to shift… Advice to Senior Management: Management is doing there job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Giant Eagle.

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!