Giant Eagle

www.gianteagle.com

Meh Job

Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) Brecksville, OH

ProsYou at least do get raises due to the Union.

Work around college schedules

Another benefit to the Union is at least not having to overly worry about getting fired due to a manager that dislikes you.

ConsOverly obvious that corporate puts the money before everyone else and does everything it can to push more for less by overworking employee's rather than just hiring another person but then acting surprised when customers complain about things like really long lines.

Management in the stores always will play favorites with constant double standards (you do something and get yelled at but that other person will never hear a word). Quite a few lazy management as well who will tell you to go do anything they don't want to do while they sit at customer service talking to their buddies or texting on their phones while 'watching' the self check outs. Obviously this will vary by store.

Working every Holiday except Christmas so they can pull in every little penny. Guarantee Corporate makes sure they're off each holiday after they make sure to send out plastic signs to throw in the breakroom 'thanking' their employee's and saying how much they 'respect' our hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so greedy and actually care about your employees.

Giant Eagle is a good company to work for.

Assistant Grocery Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Non Union, well staffed, fair pay for management, challenging, and… Cons: too much corporate input on plan-o-grams. stores should be able… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good

Cashier (Former Employee) Pickerington, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time for more than a year

Pros: Every there is like family. Cons: In my experience, Giant Eagle was not good at helping… Advice to Senior Management: Help individuals who wish to go from part-time to full-time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Giant Eagle.

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!