There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

VERY busy and can be stressful, but from what I've seen they treat their pharmacists well

Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros

They back up their pharmacists when they make mistakes and treat them well for the most part. They pay well for pittsburgh where there are no pharmacist jobs. The company is growing and always trying to capitalize on new ideas.

Cons

A lot of the stores are very high volume so there can be a lot of pressure to get things done fast rather than to be helpful to patients. Also, they don't train the technicians well, the only way they really learn more is through years of experience with the company. it can be very stressful. They are only available in 4 states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Maryland, at least for now.

Better training process to make the work load more efficient and flow more smoothly. Also, let employees know of upcoming promotions so they don't look incompetent in front of customers.

320 Other Employee Reviews for Giant Eagle (View Most Recent)

2 Years wasted

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You work with great people, great benefits, and you get a 10% discount

Cons

Management sucks! I have had customers complain to me about how rude and mean the managers are! When corporate is in our store they act like perfect angels. I got pulled from my department for 2 months to help out on the front end and I didn't even get a simple thank you. Poor communication within the company(especially the store manager). Oh you get a raise but it is only .15 cents, practically have to work a entire lifetime to even think about buying a nice house and raising a family. Safe yourself the hassle and don't work for this company.

Get your act together. Smile for a change too.

Management Treated Poorly

Former Employee - Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great teams of employees to work for

Cons

Managers and "higher ups" have no idea how to treat their teams, politics run the company - not quality employees. Great managers are only blamed and abused, but those that "play well with others", never questioning policy or procedure even when it has a clear benefit, are the ones rewarded. Sometimes ruffling feathers is crucial for a company to grow!

Don't let a blonde in a skirt influence your decisions when recognizing some of the best talent you've ever had. The manipulation, lies, abusive treatment, scornful emails, and the blame game should stop so your management team can be loyal and dedicated to the organization - because I assure you, right now they are not. Every one of them has a resume out there looking for a company that will treat them fairly.

There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!