There are newer employer reviews for Gift Of Life Donor Program

Up and Down...Good and bad....black & white.

Current Employee - Tissue Recovery Technician in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Tissue Recovery Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Gift Of Life Donor Program full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great service to the public....I really felt I was helping out and doing good

Cons

Culture and values don't translate to the average worker. You basically give up having a social or family life.

Advice to Management

Senior management is a mixed bag between tyranical and benevolent. Never know what to expect

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Totally surprised by the culture

Current Employee - Clinical Division

I have been working at Gift Of Life Donor Program full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No organization can top the success of this company, saving lives every single day. The benefits were top notch.

Cons

I have to agree with another reviewer in that, the job you go there for is the job you leave with. There is no opportunity to transfer or get on a different career path.

The major challenge is the management. Management is clearly unskilled in managing and working with people but skilled in "cracking the whip" with severe micromanagement and favoritism. Most of the managers have been there a long time but the line staff continues to turn over at an alarming rate. The constant turnover was a major red flag for me, my first couple of months on the job.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your turnover rate and the reasons why people leave on a revolving basis, expressed in the exit interviews. If different people are saying the same thing - it's time for management to take action. Too many great people with great skills keeping leaving your organization and you seem to not understand why. The staff keeps telling you but no changes are made. So much more could be accomplished in this great work with a strategic adjustment in leadership.

2. Fantastic mission but very anti-employee

Current Employee - Clinical Division

I have been working at Gift Of Life Donor Program full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unbelievable mission - saving lives. Well respected nationally. Successful.

Cons

Directors and managers have been the same crew for many many years and they are 100% self-interested. Employees are treated like enemy much of the time. It's them vs. staff. HR has same approach, too. I've watched great employees leave and no fallout for directors. Staff are expendable. Take job as it is or lump it.

Advice to Management

Management was shocked to see "best places to work" internal survey showed horrific results. Two years in a row. They need to clean house and get new blood in management STAT.