Gift Of Life Donor Program

www.donors1.org
  www.donors1.org
There are newer employer reviews for Gift Of Life Donor Program

Up and Down...Good and bad....black & white.

Current Employee - Tissue Recovery Technician in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Tissue Recovery Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Gift Of Life Donor Program full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great service to the public....I really felt I was helping out and doing good

Cons

Culture and values don't translate to the average worker. You basically give up having a social or family life.

Senior management is a mixed bag between tyranical and benevolent. Never know what to expect

11 Other Employee Reviews for Gift Of Life Donor Program (View Most Recent)

Great first job experience

I worked at Gift Of Life Donor Program

Pros

Good environment, friendly people and decent perks

Cons

The management shifted a few times so keeping everything organized got a bit stressful

Totally surprised by the culture

Current Employee - Clinical Division
    Current Employee - Clinical Division

I have been working at Gift Of Life Donor Program full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No organization can top the success of this company, saving lives every single day. The benefits were top notch.

Cons

I have to agree with another reviewer in that, the job you go there for is the job you leave with. There is no opportunity to transfer or get on a different career path.

The major challenge is the management. Management is clearly unskilled in managing and working with people but skilled in "cracking the whip" with severe micromanagement and favoritism. Most of the managers have been there a long time but the line staff continues to turn over at an alarming rate. The constant turnover was a major red flag for me, my first couple of months on the job.

Pay attention to your turnover rate and the reasons why people leave on a revolving basis, expressed in the exit interviews. If different people are saying the same thing - it's time for management to take action. Too many great people with great skills keeping leaving your organization and you seem to not understand why. The staff keeps telling you but no changes are made. So much more could be accomplished in this great work with a strategic adjustment in leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Gift Of Life Donor Program