There are newer employer reviews for Giftcards.com

Amazing company

I have been working at Giftcards.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

An 'A 'list founder, executive team, and intellectual property protecting all products and services. Every one works hard and well together to get the work done.

Cons

As a nimble company we may start something but toss it quickly as we discover a better\different approach. These changes while being understood can be frustrating at times especially when it's your work being scrapped.

Advice to Management

Maintain course!

reviews filtered by
  1. Salary is reasonable, but priorities change from one minute to the next

Current Employee - PHP Developer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - PHP Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giftcards.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Onsite training/employee onboard process is very thorough, and the trainers attentive. Generous paid time off (plus benefits package) and friendly/supportive co-workers make for a positive work environment the vast majority of the time. Full time work from home is a huge plus. Long weekend's almost always mean leaving a few hours early (with pay!), which is again a bonus.

Cons

Priorities can change overnight and mis-communications can result in several weeks of code being scrapped and/or re-written. Management and QA do not always understand how things should/do work, and it can be frustrating explaining the same thing 3 different ways.

Advice to Management

Salaries could use improvement - as a contractor I was receiving a generous $86,000/yr, but when I was hired as a full time employee (and switched from hourly to salaried exempt) it dropped considerably to $72,000/yr.

Perhaps more forethought into upcoming priorities so time can be efficiently managed (versus changing direction mid project)

2. Former Employer

I have been working at Giftcards.com

Pros

Great people, great bosses and great atmosphere

Cons

Great ideas, need more time to implement.

Advice to Management

None

There are newer employer reviews for Giftcards.com