GigMasters

www.gigmasters.com

What a great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Associate  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at GigMasters full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love being part of a team that immediately feels like a second family. I get to help out people every day and be a part of a community that loves the same things that I do as well. I would recommend working here if you get the chance! What a great place to be.

Cons

The only challenges I really see are sometimes being able to handle requests that throw you for a loop from clients. But honestly its what keeps the job entertaining.I love being with this company!

Don't give this dream up, you're doing a fantastic thing for the entertainment community.

Other Reviews for GigMasters

Work hard. Play hard.

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at GigMasters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at GigMasters is a lot of fun. It's a small company where everyone knows your name and what you do. I enjoyed being able to work with other developers as well as people from other departments. Some of the most rewarding projects I worked on involved collaborating with other departments. GigMasters is relatively small so the culture in the office and company events definitely make it feel like a startup. The term, "Work hard, play hard," definitely applies here. Not only did I find my passion in Web Design and Development at GigMasters, but I also had fun along the way and made some long-lasting friendships. It really is a great place to work, especially if you're just starting your career.

Cons

When I worked at GigMasters, the departments had more of a flat structure than a hierarchy. At times, this made it challenging to think about your growth within the company and in your career. I believe, since leaving the company, more structure has been added to the departments and more opportunities for promotion. The company moves at a fast pace and sometimes the work-life balance can shift, especially during major launches. This is probably more noticeable for employees with children and family obligations.

Continue to trust your employees to work independently with minimal supervision and micromanaging. Be flexible when it comes to work schedules and working from home. Check in occasionally to make sure employees are satisfied with their jobs and career path. Keep offering great benefits. Keep striving to be a fun and rewarding place to work.

GigMasters Response

Jun 11, 2014CEO

Thanks for the feedback! Seeing the long-lasting friendships made by employees - both past & present - is without a doubt one of the most satisfying aspects of the job.

Opportunities Abound!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at GigMasters full-time

Pros

After working at GigMasters for a few years, coming to work every day is still exciting. At GigMasters your ideas and opinions are heard and acted upon. You feel supported, empowered and want to work harder every day. Your coworkers are your friends who you respect and want to learn more from. Honestly, it's an amazing place to work.

Cons

Tough question, as whenever I've had a concern, I've felt comfortable addressing it at GigMasters. We have flexible hours, summer Fridays, ping-pong tournaments, employee milestone & birthday celebrations, not a whole lot to complain about. Better yet, let's get a dishwasher!

There are newer employer reviews for GigMasters.

Worked for GigMasters? Contribute to the Community!