Gigya

www.gigya.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gigya

You have to like a start up environment to thrive

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Gigya

Pros

* Cool technology, gaining more acceptance with the market
* Many smart people

Cons

* Much of the decisions lie with Israel, who make the key decisions
* Management keeps adding more responsibilities to job requirement, but doesn't add more people to handle the load.
* They say we're all adults, but there are unspoken rules that have to be followed.
* New people aren't mentored

55 Other Employee Reviews for Gigya (View Most Recent)

Good experience overall

Current Employee - Business Development in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Gigya

Pros

Fun environment, good people, innovative industry

Cons

Constant change and turnover throughout the organization

Couldn't be happier to have gotten my start here

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Gigya full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Incredibly talented and friendly colleagues who are a delight to be around everyday. In fact, I could probably call at least 25 people I have worked with over the past few years great friends, which in turn means great connections in the future. This also really helps contribute to the culture with frequent happy hours and outings planned for the team.
    2. Great base salary for every sales role within the organization
    3. Ability to move up in the organization quickly through hard work and positive energy
    4. Rapid change- this is key to any Start-up/mid-size company thriving. There are times when decisions are not clear in the short term or may be seen as a mistake. However, the ability to rapidly adjust or pivot based on empirical evidence is a clear benefit. This can be challenging at times, but the experience you acquire during these transitional periods will benefit you for the rest of your career.
    5. Great training - there is now a full time sales trainer to help with feedback on calls, script the calls out before you make them and a world renowned trainer who comes about 3-4 times a year for some intense sessions.
    6. Easy access to anyone in upper management to voice your opinion
    7. Great benefits - Heavily subsidized membership to the Jewish Community Center which has great facilities and free workout classes. There is also a Basketball league that Gigya participates in once per quarter in which Patrick (CEO) typically joins.

To be honest, I only recently left the company to travel the world because I have the opportunity to do so. The whole company understood my position and fully supported my decision to leave. Cannot thank HR enough for how much easier they have made this process for me. All in all, I know the experience I gained at Gigya will be tremendously valuable whenever I decide I am ready to go back into the real world :)

Cons

Many of the cons that I would state have actually been fixed or are in the process of being improved. The need to hire more Sales Engineers, Professional Services, and Implementation Managers to improve the hand off at the end of the sales cycle is being addressed.

They have already cut down on the amount of SDR's so that the SDR's that work there have a much more sufficient amount of legitimate accounts to go after.

A lot of these changes were made shortly after my departure, but again it shows how quickly they are willing to adjust when things are not working quite right.

I guess other than that, maybe more than 1 catered lunch a week or a greater stock of food in the kitchen because once the costco shipment comes in, it becomes a case of Tragedy of the Commons

Let me start by saying that having Adam Martin as my manager is probably the best thing that ever happened to me career wise. He started off on a similar path to me with an AE role at a young age and his expertise really helped avoid many of the pitfalls people typically face...this really allowed me the ability to get off to a hot start. After my hot start, I did lose some of Adam's bandwidth, which is to be expected. That said, it seems like the Sales Manager's calendars are way too packed in general to give the AE's the support that would be ideal.

I would say the most notable thing would be to not put such a focus on hitting metrics i.e. calls, emails because it is really not necessarily the most indicative of how well you do the job. You can be doing things like research on your contact(s), accounts, building an org chart etc. which cannot be tracked in salesforce. Focusing only on what can be tracked in salesforce adds unnecessary stress on the AE's who want to be able to do their jobs the right way (as training has taught them).

Also, I really believe that giving the SDR's a clearer path to promotion would help keep a lot of these kids straight out of college much more motivated. As it stands now, they absolutely can be promoted quickly on merits but that is more a matter of timing. Stay with the kids who are talented and make sure they are working with an AE that they jive well with.

There are newer employer reviews for Gigya