There are newer employer reviews for Gildan Activewear

Excellent experience. I learned a lot accross all projects I participate in. I prove myself as an expert in Databases.

Current Employee - Senior DB and Applications Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Current Employee - Senior DB and Applications Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Gildan Activewear

Pros

Good team and managers to work with.
Excellennt projects and challenges.
Every day, there is a learning.
Gildan trust me and count on me.
etc.

Cons

Sometimes delaying in a critical tasks because of non understanding from management (take time to understand the importance of the projects or to have an emergency budget, etc)

be in listen mode to employers

reviews filtered by
  1. A solid, international company to gain experience dealing with large retailers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I worked at Gildan Activewear full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Charleston location of Gildan puts you in one of the best cities in the countries. The job is a secure one and they offer decent benefits.

Cons

The is little room for career advancement and no performance incentives. The Charleston location has recently consolidated and acquired a new brand, so the company culture is not defined yet.

Highly mismanaged company, poor salary, free over-time expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Gildan Activewear full-time

Pros

A great learning experience in dysfunctional companies.

Cons

Management has no idea what they're doing more than half the time. Employees are given the tools to fail yet blamed for everything. Lots of finger pointing going on at this place. Margin for error is tremendous due to the amount of manual work that is required. Salaries are pitiful, given the Manhattan location. Free overtime is expected and you are guilt-tripped if you don't comply. Constant disasters and damage control going on. Priorities shift by the minute. The upper management is predominantly male. The women are definitely low-balled, in terms of salary and treated like administrative assistants.

Read some books on leadership. Stop being greedy and taking on additional business that the company isn't ready for yet. Get some systems in place that work. Treating your employees like failures or idiots for making a mistake doesn't promote growth. It stunts it. Stop expecting people to work past 5pm. Respect a work-life balance. Pay your employees a salary that is pertinent to NYC cost of living.

There are newer employer reviews for Gildan Activewear