There are newer employer reviews for Gilead Sciences

Great company, but budget problems in some groups (not all)

Current Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Gilead Sciences full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay that's typically higher than most other companies

Cons

Budget problems in areas like IT resulting in outsourcing activities, Leaders want their favorites, job responsibilities not very clear. A few groups including their managers and all team members had to be laid off - some mostly voluntary I think.

this is not the company for the long term, but I am enjoying the ride while it lasts.

Treat people with respect! Centralized decisions are not always the best when you have qualified employees.

180 Other Employee Reviews for Gilead Sciences (View Most Recent)

The good is great, the bad really sucks

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Gilead Sciences full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gilead is a company that really makes a difference with their products. They also have many great benefits though not anything extremely special. Gilead has some of the most talented individuals I have ever worked with. The work life balance is quite good and they have multiple events every year that include family.

Cons

While Gilead has some great resources, IT doesn't know how to keep them. To get promoted you have to leave and come back a year or two later. The IT department also has new leadership that has no problem splitting hairs by saying what you want to hear but hiding the negatives they know they are going to do. The company line is "we run lean" but in IT it is more like anorexic and because they drive away their top talent it makes it worse since there tends to be a large portion of the resources that are still ramping up.

Forward thinking management, Very friendly Co-workers

Current Employee - Research Associate in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Gilead Sciences full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Open to free thought, Management knows the products they are selling, Great healthcare plan, and Friendly work enviroment. Bagel wednesdays and free Happy hour fridays every week.

Cons

Slightly lower than the average pay, some projects have tight deadlines/FDA regulation.

There are newer employer reviews for Gilead Sciences