Gilead Sciences
www.gilead.com Foster City, CA 5000+ Employees

Good company with high expectations

Mid-Level Manager (Current Employee)
Foster City, CA

ProsInteresting and important products, smart and friendly coworkers, and high standards for work performance which I think is important for a company's success. In my experience, salaries are slightly above industry average, and the stock grants have gained in value.

ConsI agree with others that the workload can be very high, and result in no work/life balance. No work from home policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior leadership should take time to talk to the people who do the hands on work - they have a lot of insight as to what's going on, and how decisions play out. Ask around some before making an important decision. I'm a mid-level manager, and I see a big gap between the people above me & the people below me on the org chart.

hard driving, results oriented

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Gilead Sciences full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Company strives to be the best in its field, while… Cons: Have to be "in the network" to be appreciated Advice to Senior Management: Walk around office to office more, give reports coaching on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

No Work/Life Balance

Manager (Former Employee)
    Foster City, CA

I worked at Gilead Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros: * Great products * Good people at the individual contributor level * Good benefits: 401-K, gym, cafeteria, happy hour Fridays, van pool, etc. * Ideal for… Cons: * Extremely heavy work load plus a large amount of vacancies means that 1 person is usually doing the job of 2-3 people. Not unusual… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Gilead Sciences.

Worked for Gilead Sciences? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gilead Sciences reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gilead Sciences CEO John C. Martin. All reviews posted anonymously by Gilead Sciences employees.