OK

Current Employee - Bio Statistician in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Bio Statistician in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Gilead Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is always work, so no worry about job security. Most co-workers are capable and sincere. Convenient location. Salary is catching up w market. All kinds of clubs for different interests.

Cons

Work load is heavy, timeline is tight, overtime is kind of expected. Coordination across different functions could use some improvement.

Advice to Management

When timeline gets pushed again and again, employee either got exhausted or have to compromise quality of work.

Other Employee Reviews for Gilead Sciences

Good company with high expectations

Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Gilead Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting and important products, smart and friendly coworkers, and high standards for work performance which I think is important for a company's success. In my experience, salaries are slightly above industry average, and the stock grants have gained in value.

Cons

I agree with others that the workload can be very high, and result in no work/life balance. No work from home policy.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership should take time to talk to the people who do the hands on work - they have a lot of insight as to what's going on, and how decisions play out. Ask around some before making an important decision. I'm a mid-level manager, and I see a big gap between the people above me & the people below me on the org chart.

hard driving, results oriented

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Gilead Sciences full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company strives to be the best in its field, while not always on course, eventually does make corrections

Cons

Have to be "in the network" to be appreciated

Advice to Management

Walk around office to office more, give reports coaching on how to deal with senior management, then give them exposure