Gilt Groupe

www.gilt.com
  www.gilt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gilt Groupe

Total lack of supervisory support

Former Employee - Customer Support in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Customer Support in Portland, OR

I worked at Gilt Groupe part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great snack room
-Awesome products on website with employee discount

Cons

Gilt Groupe uses a number of offices to staff their customer service operations as well as a work from home team. I was a member of this work from home group who consistently lacked management support on basic issues. Technical difficulties we constant and the IT support from the home office was both rude and unhelpful. Some of the supervisors are smart, competent people but their intelligence was overshadowed by their utter disregard for the needs of their employees. Additionally, the in-house and work from home team were treated differently on a number of occasions.

Gilt Groupe, please disband the work from home team. Your employees hate it.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Gilt Groupe (View Most Recent)

My experience at Gilt was sub-par, hectic and I was really there just for a paycheck .

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Gilt Groupe

Pros

Great vibe to the company along with it being in a cool new, growing industry. There are lots of opportunities to here about different departments and management keeps employees abreast of the company with its weekly "all hands" meeting.

Cons

Long hours. Room for growth seems difficult. Poor work-life balance , and some bad decision making. I feel that Gilt is to caught up in expanding and growing without first properly establishing its foundation. There's nothing wrong with expansion, however the balance of doing that and solidifying the core is not there.

I would suggest that Gilt stop trying to expand and focus more on 2 or 3 of it's top business models (Gilt Groupe, Gilt City and Jetsetter). There are still several improvements that need to be made to the core of these units and the continuous expansion will hurt Gilt overall. They are striving really hard to go public and I don't see that ever happening.

A startup with a corporate atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Gilt Groupe

Pros

- Employee discounts are great.
    - Quarterly allowance is always a plus.
    - Flexible time off.

Cons

- Company is becoming more corporate so expect politics and red tape.
    - Advancement is not based on hard work so you'll need to play politics to move up.
    - Morale has been on the decline so expect a lot of turn over.
    - Teams and departments do not communicate well and upper management tries not to communicate at all.

There are newer employer reviews for Gilt Groupe