Gilt Groupe

There are newer employer reviews for Gilt Groupe

Beware of Operations

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Gilt Groupe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company, work with interesting vendors. I'd recommend this company but only certain departments.

Cons

Operations: Management is cliquey and condescending. They push you too hard. Your job is below them and they don't offer to help with what you do when you are overwhelmed. Instead, they try to figure out better 'processes' and point the finger. Never been so unhappy with a department in my years experience in the job force and I'm not the first one of my co-workers to say that.

Less micro-managing.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Gilt Groupe (View Most Recent)

Total lack of supervisory support

Former Employee - Customer Support in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Portland, OR

I worked at Gilt Groupe part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great snack room
    -Awesome products on website with employee discount

Cons

Gilt Groupe uses a number of offices to staff their customer service operations as well as a work from home team. I was a member of this work from home group who consistently lacked management support on basic issues. Technical difficulties we constant and the IT support from the home office was both rude and unhelpful. Some of the supervisors are smart, competent people but their intelligence was overshadowed by their utter disregard for the needs of their employees. Additionally, the in-house and work from home team were treated differently on a number of occasions.

Gilt Groupe, please disband the work from home team. Your employees hate it.

My experience at Gilt was sub-par, hectic and I was really there just for a paycheck .

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Gilt Groupe

Pros

Great vibe to the company along with it being in a cool new, growing industry. There are lots of opportunities to here about different departments and management keeps employees abreast of the company with its weekly "all hands" meeting.

Cons

Long hours. Room for growth seems difficult. Poor work-life balance , and some bad decision making. I feel that Gilt is to caught up in expanding and growing without first properly establishing its foundation. There's nothing wrong with expansion, however the balance of doing that and solidifying the core is not there.

I would suggest that Gilt stop trying to expand and focus more on 2 or 3 of it's top business models (Gilt Groupe, Gilt City and Jetsetter). There are still several improvements that need to be made to the core of these units and the continuous expansion will hurt Gilt overall. They are striving really hard to go public and I don't see that ever happening.

There are newer employer reviews for Gilt Groupe