Gilt Groupe

There are newer employer reviews for Gilt Groupe

Chaotic and falling apart

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Gilt Groupe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Stumptown coffee and cereal, decent employee discount, camaraderie among junior staff, everyone gets laptops, convenient location next to the 6 train.

Cons

Aloof management with little knowledge or care about what their teams are going through, lack of strategy or scalable business model leads to constant shifts in direction, lack of processes and constant turnover leads to frequent fire fighting, poor morale as everyone looking for another job

Spend more time trying to really understand from the ground level what's going wrong. Be honest about the problems of the company, including the culture, and how you will fix them

80 Other Employee Reviews for Gilt Groupe (View Most Recent)

Excellent learning experience with a fantastic luxury start up.

Former Employee - Gilt City Boston Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Gilt City Boston Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Gilt Groupe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Insight into the luxury market, including fashion, local lifestyle events, restaurants and so much more. Excellent, comfortable and easy-going environment that allows one to be productive and enjoy all assignments and duties.

Cons

To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed every day that I interned. It was truly a learning experience that I am very happy to have had. I suppose our office in Boston was a bit small, but at that point there were only three of us. From what I understand their recent merger has not only increased the size of the Boston office, but of the entire market.

Beware of Operations

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Gilt Groupe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company, work with interesting vendors. I'd recommend this company but only certain departments.

Cons

Operations: Management is cliquey and condescending. They push you too hard. Your job is below them and they don't offer to help with what you do when you are overwhelmed. Instead, they try to figure out better 'processes' and point the finger. Never been so unhappy with a department in my years experience in the job force and I'm not the first one of my co-workers to say that.

Less micro-managing.