Gilt Groupe

www.gilt.com
  www.gilt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gilt Groupe

Marketing

I worked at Gilt Groupe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

High energy, fast paced environment

Cons

Significant churn, lack of top down communication

83 Other Employee Reviews for Gilt Groupe (View Most Recent)

Great experience but not a long term fit

Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in New York, NY

I worked at Gilt Groupe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brought in with little experience to entry level. Got to work with an amazing tech team that changed drastically over time. Learned a lot about the development process, ux design, testing, front end and back end coding, and scalability. Still has a startup culture with lots of freedom to learn about new technology. The ask for forgiveness instead of permission mentality makes it easy to take on aggressive projects.

Cons

A lot of times I felt under appreciated and under paid for my contributions. The business is getting a little stale for the flash sale space and innovation is getting harder to act on. This makes Gilt seem like it's trending to be a thing of the past and the company will be downsizing instead of growing. Features get scrapped quickly when they dont work instead of trying to be fixed or understood. Some power from execs has been counter productive forcing bad decisions to be made while lots of others never agreed with them.

Be more transparent about direction and business initiatives. Workers tend to do better on features they are implementing when they have idea of what market they supposed to tap into and what the business is looking to get back from them. During town hall meetings try to answer questions truthfully instead of being vague without actually answering anything or replies with "we are still investigating that". Even if there is something negative to say, as long as its the truth workers respect it.

Best Internship you'll Find in Fashion

Former Employee - Men's Buying Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Men's Buying Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Gilt Groupe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Gilt provided me with the opportunity to be involved with many different aspects of the buying process and treated me as one of their own rather than an intern. The atmosphere is very 'tech,' no single employee has his or her own office, which makes exposure to senior management very transparent and comfortable (even as an intern). I actually looked forward to coming to the office every morning! The internship program itself exposed me to all different departments from every facet of the company and opened a lot of doors in terms of career development and mentorship.

Cons

Unpaid internship in New York City

There are newer employer reviews for Gilt Groupe