Giorgio Armani Corporation

Managing wholesale accounts

Current Employee - Wholesale Sales Coordinator in New York, NY
Current Employee - Wholesale Sales Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Giorgio Armani Corporation

Pros

Great Benefits, Large company, Humar resources staffing are always their to fulfill your needs to function in the company - salary negotiable

Cons

Company has over 5-6 brands which functions as a parent company. There is no room to really network successfully because of the number of employees that work in the office are vast.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Giorgio Armani Corporation (View Most Recent)

Passionate and Forward Thinking

Current Employee - Communications
    Current Employee - Communications

I have been working at Giorgio Armani Corporation

Pros

The departments work closely together and everyone is very passionate about improving and forwarding the brand. People are allowed to have an opinion and to argue their point of view. Doesn't seem like the kind of brand where you must "drink the kool-aid" and lose all of your business sense.

Cons

Of course most of the decisions are made in Milan, so it can be difficult to accept marketing decisions made in Europe that do not apply to the U.S. market. But the team seems to have a good sense of humor about these sorts of situations.

Keep being open and respectful to your employees as I feel this is a strength of the NYC office. Hopefully Milan will start to trust your decisions more.

Australia gives Giorgio Armani a bad name

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Giorgio Armani Corporation part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro i can honestly think of is the employees i worked with. They were friendly and helpful.

Cons

Where do i start?!

* Minimum wage and I had to chase up head office constantly as I was ripped off every fortnight by numerous hours. Head office acknowledged the issue but actually failed to pay me money I was owed on a continual basis. Very embarrassing for a company like Armani who can't even pay their staff.

*Shortage of staff - as most quit by their third week with the company. In fact, i was told on my first day by the manager that she has had ten people quit in just 2 months. Now I know why.

*You're not paid for the time you are in the store in the morning or after the shop closes even though you are working.

*Dirty, foul smelling uniforms were handed down. Uniform was 2 sizes too big for me and I looked ridiculous. They were not dry cleaned like management said as they had make up stains and perfume all over. I was also told I would recieve a new uniform and shoes - never did. Lied to from the beginning.

*Roster changed so many times. Very late notice. Employees were expected to abide by the changes even if they had half a days notice. When declining a shift due to the late notice we were punished and stripped of our shifts.

*Some days I would not have so much as a drink break for 6 hours - very poor management when comes to breaks. You won't get a break for a long time and don't expect any sympathy and you better be quick if you need to go to the bathroom - like slave labour! The Manager likes to take her break before everyone and leaves for a long time.

*Head office employees are rude, incompetent and know nothing about fashion or their products. Very backwards in their thinking.

*incentives are a joke. There are none.

*No allowance for clothes etc.

*One employee has been working here for 8 years and has not progressed at all through the company - no career progression.

Get better management and head office employees - you don't know what you're doing half the time.

Treat your employees with at least a little bit of respect by staying true to your obligations as an employer - pay them right and wash their uniforms at the very least. They are trying to sell luxury goods - how can they be expected to do so looking and smelling horribly, without a break in 6 hours and not being paid right for their time? Maybe ask yourselved why you have such an incredibly high turnover in staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Giorgio Armani Corporation