Girl Scouts USA

www.girlscouts.org
  www.girlscouts.org
There are newer employer reviews for Girl Scouts USA

I loved my experience with Girl Scouts USA, they help give girls confidence to stand on their own two feet.

Current Employee - Camp Counselor in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Camp Counselor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They are a great organization, with the values that young girls need in this society. They teach girls to be strong, independent, and self-confident. I highly recommend working for this organization if you can.

Cons

The only downside that I can really think of is that if you work at summer camp, you lose your free time for that summer. You get one day a week off, but it is hard to do anything spectacular in a day.

Keep doing what you do

205 Other Employee Reviews for Girl Scouts USA (View Most Recent)

Way too much politics and drama for one work place.

Former Employee - Temp Floater in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Temp Floater in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Girl Scouts USA part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some nice people to work with, Good schedule

Cons

Too political, too much drama (mostly consists of women), pay is not competitive, Prefer hiring outside instead of looking at the experience of the employees they have first.

Do more research on competitive salaries and look at experience and not just what looks good on paper.

I feel fortunate to work with a team that is very supportive allowing me to take risks & offer guidence when needed.

Current Employee - Regional Development Associate in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Regional Development Associate in Bend, OR

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA

Pros

Most employees have a personal connection to Girl Scouts. They are working at GSOSW because they truly believe in the mission. My co-workers are passionate about what they do. We see the results of our work in the success of the girls that go through the programs.

Cons

Working for a non-profit, resources are limited. Salaries are lower than other industries. Girl Scouts does offer amazing benefits however, even to part-time employees.

Continue mission of improving communication and problem solving between departments. Keep focusing on ways to improve conflict resolution and productivity. I've really enjoyed the leadership workshops. I've aquired skills that can be applied towards my position and my personal life as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Girl Scouts USA