Girl Scouts USA

There are newer employer reviews for Girl Scouts USA

Writing and editing for Girl Scouts of the USA

Current Employee - Writer-Editor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Writer-Editor in New York, NY

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

vacation time, flex hours, coworkers

Cons

corporate politics, old-school systems, silo organization

226 Other Employee Reviews for Girl Scouts USA (View Most Recent)

I feel fortunate to work with a team that is very supportive allowing me to take risks & offer guidence when needed.

Current Employee - Regional Development Associate in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Regional Development Associate in Bend, OR

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA

Pros

Most employees have a personal connection to Girl Scouts. They are working at GSOSW because they truly believe in the mission. My co-workers are passionate about what they do. We see the results of our work in the success of the girls that go through the programs.

Cons

Working for a non-profit, resources are limited. Salaries are lower than other industries. Girl Scouts does offer amazing benefits however, even to part-time employees.

Continue mission of improving communication and problem solving between departments. Keep focusing on ways to improve conflict resolution and productivity. I've really enjoyed the leadership workshops. I've aquired skills that can be applied towards my position and my personal life as well.

Run the other direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

I worked at Girl Scouts USA

Pros

I had some wonderful opportunities to do some things I would never have gotten to do otherwise. I learned a lot about how *not* to do business. I met a lot of really wonderful volunteers who honestly believe in the GS movement.

Cons

The new upper management and mean spirited board "chairwoman" have created chaos in a formerly fantastic place to work. The work/life balance that the former CEO worked hard to create for a very dedicated staff is totally gone and replaced with a "butt in seat" mentality reminiscent of the 50's. The CFO - who claims to be a christian woman - has a personal agenda and openly admits that she is out to get rid of certain volunteers.

Get off your high horse and treat your employees like the hard working, talented people they are. Right now they are afraid to even sneeze, much less express their opinions and ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Girl Scouts USA