Givaudan

www.givaudan.com

Company favors yesmen who play golf

Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCommitment to basic research from the R&D leadership but not necessarily from the executive team.
Truly international company, great opportunities to travel.

ConsThe more you work, the more they will make you work. Nobody cares about your problem, you get a paycheck so shut up. If you do not play golf forget about career progression. It is also advised to be a yesman.
Hiring salaries are usually good but pay increases are crappy. One year when the results were great we were told that our bonuses would be limited because we should create a war chest in case of bad years. When the following year was below expectation because the operating return on sales was 18% instead of 20%, we got no bonus, no salary increase, the 401k match was canceled and 10% of the staff was fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild an HR department whose role is to build a company spirit and value employees instead of asking them to organize the annual golf outing and undermining any of their attempt at respectful people's management. Stop the result-at-all cost mentality and start focusing on how things are done. Stop considering Givaudan as an ATM machine for Swiss investors.
Make upper management accountable instead of putting all the pressure on middle management.

A good place to work, but improvements at the top could make it a better place.

Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Givaudan

Pros: It is a financially sound, global organization with the technology… Cons: The needless bureaucracy involved in accomplishing certain tasks. Advice to Senior Management: Promote people into senior leadership / management positions with experience… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Givaudan: A few good people, but skip it.

Research Scientist II (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Givaudan

Pros: Largest, most established, flavor and fragrance firm. Very respected… Cons: Givaudan hires experienced people, and rarely trains from the inside. i.e. opposite of Procter & Gamble (only know people that have worked there). … Advice to Senior Management: Hire very good mid-level managers who have good track records, and get rid of the relics. Momentum and money are the only thing keeping… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Givaudan.

Worked for Givaudan? Contribute to the Community!