Givaudan

www.givaudan.com

Good industry, good innovation, poor organization and leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe flavor industry is stable/growing. Givaudan is very good a creating new flavors. Good benefits and pay. There are opportunities to grow/expand career. It's a global company.

ConsGivaudan is mostly focused on flavor creation. The difference between the creation side and the production side is night and day. Creation side, people are excited about what they do, and the company likes to showcase - there's clear passion and excitement. On the production side, things are disorganized, neglected and there's an obvious lack of excitement/passion. People just look forward to their next paycheck. The company does not invest in production and most of the needs are neglected. The leadership organization is constantly changing (longest running site director was 3 years...), and as a result, no clear direction exists (constantly changing). The culture is very much silo-ed, and not very much team work. Opposing viewpoints are strongly discouraged (people don't really get a chance to voice their concerns/opinions). Work/life balance is pretty poor (on the production side).

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to create excitement/passion in what we do - not just on the flavor creation side, but also on the production side. People need to feel that what they are doing is contributing to the success of the company, and not viewed as second class to R&D and flavor creation. Value the experience and contribution of production - they're the ones meeting customer demand day in and day out.

Stagnant atmosphere discourages ambition and individuality

Lab Technician (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL

I worked at Givaudan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, nice facilities, all levels of employees are treated… Cons: Employees are passive aggressive, because dissidence is highly undesirable. This leaves… Advice to Senior Management: Get an actual HR department that honestly addresses employee concerns. Encourage employee input and allow for some disagreement.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Long hours, easy work, good pay... production gets slow at times.

Mixer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) Silverton, OR

I worked at Givaudan full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good paying job. Easy work. Friendly staff. Cons: Production gets slow sometimes, and work becomes on call during… Advice to Senior Management: The only complaint I ever had was when we didn't have any work. Try to keep production going by looking for more potential customers, maybe… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Givaudan.

Worked for Givaudan? Contribute to the Community!