Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com

My time at Glassdoor has been innovative, challenging and exciting!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with. I genuinely get along with all the colleagues at Glassdoor and have built personal relationships with a lot of them, including those in upper management. It is a very humble and bright group of employees. I feel challenged everyday and like I'm helping make a big difference in people's career choices, which is all I can ask for. I love that the company is built on transparency and definitely lives and breathes these principals, which is so refreshing. I'm learning so much and am so happy to be a part of something so new and different.

Cons

There is a little disorganization in the process and it definitely has a start up feel. If you are not someone that is proactive in paving your own way in a role than this is not the place for you. It definitely requires a high level of organization and the ability to come up with new ideas and be proactive. People are stretched thin, so you need to be able to find answers on your own at times. It's a lot of work and the 8am calls are tough, but it's worth it.

I think management could offer more feedback into the processes they like and don't like and what works best. There are at times differing opinions, so more leadership on processes that work best would be helpful.

Other Reviews for Glassdoor

Great start-up, poised for the next stage of growth

Current Employee - Vice-President  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Vice-President in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Glassdoor is a start-up that has proven to meet a consumer need. We have established ourselves as the place to go to research jobs and companies. And there is huge upside from here.

The team is still small enough that every single person in the company plays a meaningful role. But we're expanding which will allow for more career growth.

Our product is about transparency of information for employees. We embrace that value internally. We hold regular meetings where all details about the state of the company are shared.

Cons

The fast pace of start-up isn't for everyone.

Be prepared for rapid change and being flexible with your role. Everyone here has to be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and get dirty.

Times are a changing...Glassdoor is at a critical point in it's growth cycle. The number of employees is going to increase quickly. Be conscious to grow smartly (not too quickly) and to maintain the culture that has made Glassdoor a fun place to work and a successful company so far.

Best Place to Work, Great Future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Glassdoor is a really exciting place to work. Even on those days when I'm busy and pretty exhausted, I leave with the feeling that I love my job! Senior management works hard to create an environment that welcomes each individual's input. The work/life balance can't be beat. The challenges are interesting and fun to tackle. I'm constantly energized with the work that we do and the direction the company is headed.

Cons

With several team members scattered throughout the Bay Area, California and the US, it's tough at times to keep connected. Glassdoor's also growing so fast so the office space in Sausalito is pretty cosey which means there are often many distractions. Also if you're not self-motivated or you're fearful of letting your opinions be heard, this might not be the place for you.

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!