Glassdoor

www.glassdoor.com
  www.glassdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

Happiest I've ever been at work ...

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Glassdoor was an attractive option for me, as I am young in my career and have been working in industries where most people are not - leadership has been cemented in their roles,and there is little to no room for advancement for someone new. Glassdoor is the perfect place for me to really grow. Senior management genuinely cares about why people work here, and what each of us wants to get out of our experience here - and asks how can they do better. I feel as though I have room to grow, I am challenged daily, and I feel like I have a voice - all things that are not common these days. I like my co-workers, and there really is a team feel here. A company which is built on a model of transparency needs to really embrace that model, and I'm happy to say Glassdoor does from the top down. We are in rapid growth mode, and it's so very exciting to be a part of it. Helping job seekers make the right choice was a big motivator for me, having been unhappy in previous roles - and if I can help someone make a good decision, I'm happy. This is one of only two times I haven't been looking for another job in my career ... being happy at work is important - it makes your whole life better (my husband is certainly happier), and I can say I have found what I think is the perfect place for me.

Cons

There is some disorganization in process, but that's to be expected from a start up. If you are the kind of person who needs a firm procedure in place for how to do everything, this is likely not the place for you. If you need someone to tell you what to do all day long, also probably not the place for you - we all work hard here (so we can play hard) - and each person knows their role and importance.

Continue to do what you're doing - so far, it's working!

149 Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor (View Most Recent)

A satisfying, exciting opportunity working with fantastic people!

Current Employee - Content Management
    Current Employee - Content Management

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Working from home is so convenient and allows me to work family time into my day. The company shows employees a lot of respect and is very open and honest. I am proud to be part of a growing company and it's exciting to see the changes happening everyday! I could not be any happier and feel lucky to have found such an opportunity.

Cons

Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions. Missing out on the day to day interactions with coworkers can leave you feeling a bit lonely and others may not see it as a "real" job. The reassurance and appreciation of a job well done is not as frequent when you do not physically see your employer daily.

I am so pleased to work for this company, I suppose communication could be better but I understand the limitations.

So Far So Great! Couldn't be Happier.....

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Glassdoor provides an environment to excel in and grow your career. People working here are smart, capable and driven to succeed. The office environment provides the perfect balance of openness, transparency into what others are doing, yet enough space that is truly your own. Our location makes it easy for SF city peeps to make it to work without losing hours off their lives sitting in traffic, and is convenient for North Bay folks to ride bikes in, run or even walk into work.

At this time, the company is growing at a furious pace, and it's really great to be part of the building blocks for what will surely be a long and successful company. It makes you feel good about our core offerings; that we are helping people find jobs, especially these days!

Cons

If you are the type of person that needs a manager to constantly be telling you what to do.....move along. At Glassdoor, you're ramped up quickly and let loose. It's up to you to drive your project list, and up to you to manage your priorities. Management is there to assist and provide guidance, but there seems to be an expectation that you can work autonomously.

So far, so good! Keep up the good work, and keep bringing in A-list talent to help us grow this company!

There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor